View Single Post

Old 18.12.2009, 03:12
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyeur View Post
Hmmm...this is very informative. I was thinking about getting that box set, but maybe I'll just go for the remastered albums instead.
I have been listening to the LP's and they blow the CD's away, the mixes are entirely different, I can hear different instruments better on the LP than on the CD and it doesnt have that awful cymbal crashing and over-expanded stereo. Not to mention the lp's play at the correct speed, all the CD's are too slow. Oh and only get the Blue-Label fantasy lp's, they were the originals that John and the engineers originally intended. (all the modern CDs/lps are mixed by outside parties). Each time Fantasy re-releases the CD's, the re-re-remaster it again, it gets farther and farther away from what it sounded like in 1969/1972. Remastering used to only be used when the item in question was on poor grade tape and needed a remix, nowadays they do it just as a marketing term, and the sound quality becomes over-processed. I love my LP's for $25.00 I got all of the CCR LP's (including albert hall concert)