View Single Post

Old 04.08.2010, 19:24

Voyeur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreedenceGal View Post
I was rather surprised that fairly popular songs such as "Bootleg" and "Keep on Chooglin'" aren't featured on the greatest hits Chronicle albums! They even made a music video of "Bootleg" and closed nearly every one of their shows with "Keep on Chooglin'."
I know, right? Perhaps I can see why those songs aren't on Chronicles 1 as those are for the biggest hits. Really, as much as I'd love to have seen Born on the Bayou, Midnight Special and Keep On Chooglin' on Chronicles 1, that album is pretty much flawless overall.

I do have a slight problem with Chronicles 2 though because they did leave off so many good lesser known songs like Bootleg, Feelin' Blue, Ramble Tamble, Effigy, Cross Tie Walker and (especially) their concert closer Keep on Chooglin'. Yet the album includes Good Golly Miss Molly, My Baby Left Me, Lookin' for a Reason and Hello Mary Lou. Don't get me wrong, those are fine songs (almost all Creedence songs are at least good), but it seems to me those songs aren't as unmistakably-Creedence as the songs they left off...meaning they don't quite have the same swampy vibe.

I realize now, the best way to listen to Creedence is through the albums. Not only so I can listen to all the songs, but in the original order. Instead of listening to the well known classics first, then the lesser known after. I find it best when they are all mixed together.

Having said that, you can't go wrong bringing Chronicles on a long car trip!