View Single Post

Old 14.05.2005, 11:54

Music Girl is infamous around these parts

John did write this as a view point of a young child. In fact there is a thread on here that has something about John talking about this song. He said he knew that is son Josh would love the 'Do Do Doo' part of the song. Then John also said that when he was in the kitchen and his son was on the floor scribbling on some paper then 'Lookin Out My Back Door' came on the radio then his son started sing 'Do Do Doo lookin out my back door' and John said that is what it is all about. He knew his son would like and of corse he did. It is also not like John to write a drug song. I dont think he is like that. Though, I can imagine him experimenting on pot since he smoked cigeretts back then so I can believe that. I also remember reading somewhere about John and this song. I think I remember reading that it reminded him of a parade and this chacter in some kind of book I think named Gossemur Wump(I know thats not how you spell it sorry!) In fact when they had a meeting with Fantasy on choosing thier band name one of the ideas was Gossemur Wump. But we all know what came to be! In the metting there was also some other intresting names that I cant remember. However I am pretty sure all of this info is in one of those Creedence bio books. I cant exactly remeber if it was Bad Monn Risin or Up Aroung The Bend. By the way, does anyone know what year when John got his divorce? Was it during the Creedence years? I am pretty sure it was but I need to check myself. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!