Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 09.06.2003, 20:59
Anonymous

I guess that the real CCR fan would appreciate the efforts of CCRv. They are keeping the music alive. John is doing his own thing, but Doug and Stu are still jamming. I plan to catch the band in Ok City next month to see it first hand. Have any of you seen them in action?
Old 11.07.2003, 16:31
Anonymous

I have seen them in Cologne (1996). They were announced as "CCR - the comeback of the year". But even without John: Creedence Clearwater Revisited made a great show, the audience was happy.
Old 16.08.2003, 04:14

Prisoner of the Porch is infamous around these parts

Not every Creedence Fan appreciates their efforts. Many people feel that they are misrepresenting & putting to shame the old band. John wrote, sang, arranged & produced everything, except some of Mardi Gras which bombed. They are doing it for the money. Also calling them CCR is not right. CCR was John Fogerty. Without him they would not exist. I have seen John twice in concert, the last time in 97 doing CCR tunes. See the real thing. It was the best concert I have ever seen(best in 25 years).

Prisoner of the Porch

P.S. A new Fogerty album is in the works.
Old 14.10.2003, 05:46
Fish

Doug and Stu suck! two old has beens who's goal is nothing but makin money off of John Fogerty's songs.
Old 16.10.2003, 02:16
Anonymous

Stu and Doug do not suck. And they are not just playing for the money. People always say that they are "Stealing" John's songs and trying to take credit for them and lots of other ridiculous crap. Whenever Revisited plays, they take a few minutes to thank John, and they tell the crowd that they would not be there if it wasn't for him. And on their live CD, it clearly says on the inside "all songs written by J.C. Fogerty, except as indicated". I agree that to call them CCR is wrong, but the same is true about calling John CCR. John was the LEADER of CCR, not the whole band. Obviously he deserves the most credit out of all 4 members, considering that he wrote, sang, and played lead guitar on all of the songs. I also hate how people call Stu, Doug, and Tom "No Talents" all the time. That's like saying that Stu is a horrible bass player, Doug is a horrible drummer, and Tom was a horrible rhythm guitarist, which is crazy. And I'm glad that Stu & Doug formed Revisited. They're keeping the music alive, since John keeps vanishing for 10 years at a time, which is fine. He's almost 60, and almost all musicians reach a point where the songs just don't come out as quickly as before. Since John hardly ever tours, Revisited is the next best thing, but I'm dying to see John live. I've never gotten to see him perform live (except on videos) so I hope he tours at least once more. But anyway, some of us like Revisited, some can't stand them, but obviously all of us like the reall CCR, and the solo work of John Fogerty.
Old 23.01.2004, 00:23

Dennis is infamous around these parts

Hi there Prisoner....it's me Dennis,
Just a short comment here. If you ever get a chance to see the real thing by all means do it. Maybe someday I will get to meet the real thing in person. He lives a hop, skip and a jump from me.
Take care,
Dennis
Old 19.05.2004, 11:55
Fish

Whenever Revisited plays, they take a few minutes to thank John, and they tell the crowd that they would not be there if it wasn't for him. BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stu Cook has done nothing but badmouth Fogerty for years! He's not gonna badmouth then take a few minuites to thank him!
Old 19.06.2004, 20:01
Anonymous

I HAVEN'T HEARD REVISITED AND I DONT WANT TO.I DONT THINK ANY REAL CREEDENCE OR FOGERTY FAN WOULD.I READ THAT STU COOK THANKS THE AUDIENCE FOR'' HELPING TO KEEP THIS MUSIC ALIVE''.WHAT A JOKE.FOGERTYS SONGS WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM AND CLIFFORD 30 YEARS AGO WHEN THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD DO BETTER[YEAH RIGHT]AND NOW AFTER YEARS OF DUD ATTEMPTS TO SHOW THE WORLD WHAT WASTED TALENTS THEY WERE IN CREEDENCE THEY HAVE NOTHING TO BACK IT UP.IF THEY HAD OF BEEN SMART ENOUGH BACK THEN TO REALISE THE GREATNESS THEY WERE PRIVELIGED TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THEY MAY WELL STILL BE FOGERTYS BACKING BAND INSTEAD OF WHAT THEY ARE NOW.ANOTHER FOGERTY TRIBUTE BAND.

Tags
ccrv