Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 23.06.2005, 00:41
Anonymous

Hi there!

This topic might have been brought up before, but I couldn't really find it... You see, I'm kinda new to CCR, I only have the Platinum collection 2-disc set... and I want to start a collection of all the original studio albums... (Bayou Country, Green River, Cosmo's Factory and so on...). I've tried lookin' around Amazon.com and found several versions... Ones are called 20 Bit Masters some others are on SACDs and other seems to be kinda "normal"... But which versions should I go for...? It seems very confusion to figure out... is there like a remastered series or something that is better than others...?

Thanks.
Old 23.06.2005, 06:55

Music Girl is infamous around these parts

They do have a Creedence box set. It has all of them albums that they did. Even some earlyer from the mid 60's as the Golliwogs. They are all remasterd and it has ALL of their album even the live ones. It is 100 dollars though. If you search around I am sure that you will find it for a decent price. I hope this info hepls you my friend. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 24.06.2005, 17:18
Anonymous

Right... but that box set doesn't feature the original cover artwork. They are all in this "woody" design. What I'd like is a series of individual albums. Like The Rolling Stones ABKCO catalogue. My question is: Is there a series better than others? Should I buy the SACD releases or 24 Bit Masters? Or something third perhaps? Anyway, thanks for your reply, the box set seems very nice but just isn't what I'm really looking for...
Old 26.06.2005, 07:34

Music Girl is infamous around these parts

Well I'm sory about that. I wish I could help further but, I just dont have that info. I hope you find what you are looking for my friend. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 26.07.2005, 10:24
Anonymous

Best bet would be the 20 bit masters. You can get them an album at a time. They've been remastered to today's technology. Booklets look better too. SACD's might be nice, but you have to have a player for those (Bob Dylan's old catalogue is on SACD now, too)... The regular cd's are only for those looking for music on the cheap...although that was the only game in town for years! Box set might be nice for The Golliwag's material, but I'm not tempted

Tags
collection, compact, disc