Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26.04.2008, 23:16

Himesh is on a distinguished road
Default Fav Songs

I can't say that there is a song that I don't like from this band. I think they are till date the best American Band. Every song they sung and every tune they wrote is class apart. There is no comparison. Of course I do like other bands as well but CCR, undoubtedly stays my favorite band as long as I can remember.

You can see the hard work and dedication in their music. It is not commercial just like you see now. You can feel the music and drown in it and that tremolo does the thing. One can never get tired of listening to Creedence. I have been listening to CCR since I was a little boy and I liked them right away. Today they stay my favorite band and will stay for the rest of my life.

Some songs which you can't find in many places sung by John Fogerty (my all time favorites) are Blue Moon of Kentucky, Mustang Sally, The Old Man down the Road, etc.

Graveyard Train has made its own mark by being so very different compared to other CCR songs. Jambalaya (again one of my favorites) is sung by many artists but John Fogerty has put his heart into it and definitely it is the best version of this song that I've come across.

Green River is beautiful. I used to dance my daughter to sleep on Wrote a Song for Everyone when she was six months old and her legs dangling from sides on the music. She is now 5 and still loves that song. Born on a bayou is one song that is one of the most listened song by me but there is this song that keeps running in my head day in and day out, most of the time and that is WALK ON THE WATER ... every note and every cord keep playing in my brain. I really wish I could play like that. Its really sad that we can't get some good tabs for rythm and lead for this song... even the chords on all the sites are without lyrics so you can't really figure out when to play which chord. I wish I could figure that out.

Finally all the songs that I have left out in this essay of mine (which might have bored you to death), I have not done justice to them and just writing there name one after another is not going to do any good either. I just said what I wanted to say about some of the songs out of a whole lot that I like, so please don't be offended if one of your favorite songs was not mentioned in here. Trust me, they're all my favorites.

Tags
favorite, song