Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 18.10.2005, 16:14
Threadstarter Threadstarter

becca_d is infamous around these parts

Thank you sooo much, for sharing these really awesome pictures with me! I loved them, these are the coolest pics I have seen so far. John was really cute on the high school picture! First time I heard "Green River", I didn't pay much attention to the lyrics, I was to buissy listening to the melody. Then when I learned the lyrics, I loved it even more. John Fogerty is one brilliant songwriter! Well, one day I just decided that I should find out what kinda band this Creedence Clearwater Revival was. My dad said he had a casette with Creedence somewhere, so I went treasure-hunting in our house, looking in drawers and closets. Finally I found this old casette called "Bayou country". I put it in my stereo and turned up the volume, and out of the loudspeakers came "Born on the bayou". When I heard the wonderful rythm and Johns raucous voice, I knew I had found a treasure.... That album is still my favorite. I LOVE that bluesy bayou-sound. Actually, my dad used to think that they were from Louisiana, until I told him otherwise yesterday! "But the music is from Louisiana.... Are you sure?". I can't blame him! What is your favoritealbum with Creedence? Hope you have a nice day!
Old 18.10.2005, 19:01

Music Girl is infamous around these parts

Well, that is a tough one! "Bayou Country" is definitly one of my favorites! But then you have "Green River and "Willy And The Poor Boys" I think those three albums are my favorites. For Me, it's just impossible to choose! Well, I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 18.10.2005, 19:17

Hey Becca, I found some other really cool sites and I thought that I would share them with you. The first site has some pretty cool pics of John and the second site has some really interesting info on Creedence and John. Ok, here is the first one http://members.fortunecity.com/mixac/music/jf/picts1htm Now here is the second one http://racecalendars.com/gn/index.html Please let me know if you found the sites. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 18.10.2005, 19:21

WAIT!! THE FIRST SITE IS WRONG. GO TO http://members.fortunecity.com/mixac.../jf/picts1.htm I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!! ps I am sorry for gettin the first site wrong.
Old 19.10.2005, 01:21

Ooops, I discovered a little mistake of spelling in my last post. Of course I meant "busy", not "buissy".... I know, it's almost impossible to pick just ONE album. Actually, I think their first 5 albums are equally great! But "Bayou country" has a special place in my heart, maybe because it was the first album I heard with Creedence, I don't know. Don't be sorry, I found the sites without any problems! There was some very interesting info on the second one. Among other things some info on the "Cosmos factory" cover that I really appreciated. I've always thought that cover is so interesting to watch, every time I discover a new detail. Don't you agree? Hope you have a great day!
Old 19.10.2005, 04:06

Yes that album is very much so interesting. That board by Toms feet says "Leen Clean And Bluesy" doesn't it? That is one of my all time favorite album covers. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 19.10.2005, 15:12

Yes, that's what it says. Lean, clean and bluesy, just the way I like it! It's my favorite albumcover also. I find it much more personal than the rest of Creedence's albumcovers, since the picture is taken inside the Factory. Have you noticed that little toy piano in front of the picture to the left, just in front of some sort of frame? I think it's a very amusing detail!
Old 19.10.2005, 19:08

I always thought that it was some sort of chair. Did you you ever notice that bowling ball bag next to the helicopter? I wonder if that belongs to Cosmo too. Have you seen the back of that album? There are some VERY good pics. on the back of that album. I think the pics. of John on the back look REALLY good! What do you think Becca? I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 19.10.2005, 19:56

No, it's a piano, I'm positive! I can't remember, was it a bowling bag? You see, I don't have that album now, or at least not the cover. A while ago I borrowed "Cosmo's factory", "Willy and the Poor boys", "Bayou Country" and "Pendelum" on LP from a friend. But now I have the complete cdbox (someone I know copied it for me). I only wish I could have the original albumphotos to! But I haven't forgot those great pics on the back of "Cosmo's factory". I think they all look very good on those photos, not least John! I think it's really cool the way Doug poses in front of the picture on his bike. I hope you have a nice day!
Old 20.10.2005, 04:52

Ya, I know it's a piano I was talking about the frame. I always thought that thing next to the piano was a chair. Have you ever seen the first LP? I think at about that time John had a mustache and wore glasses. No offence to John but I think he kind of looked like a dork with that mustache. I think he looked 100 times better when he shaved it off! What do you think Becca? I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!

Tags
creedence, free, wallpapers