Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 20.10.2005, 21:12
Threadstarter Threadstarter

becca_d is infamous around these parts

Ok, I misunderstood you! But it's a frame, I'm certain. In the beginning I thought it looked like it was a mirror in it, but it's only a frame. I wonder why it was there? I haven't seen the first LP, only a small pic of it. But I have seen photos of John with the mustache. I have to agree that he looked better without it, but I don't think it made him look like a dork! But the glasses, on the other hand.... It was a good idea to switch to contact lenses. He should have gotten a fine for trying to hide his beautiful eyes! Have you heard the Blue Rigde Rangers album? I think it's great, although I have to admit I was sceptical at first (Country? Noooo way!). But I had to eat my words when I heard it. The best cut on this record must be "Working on a building", Johns singing on this one sends chills down my spine! I've even started to listen to Jimmie Rogders' music after I heard it. Ok, I wasn't completely negative about country before either, I really liked Johnny Cash' music (and still do). Do you like any of these performers?
Old 21.10.2005, 08:00

Music Girl is infamous around these parts

You are right John should have been fined those beautiful brown eyes of his! I have heard of the BRR album and I really do love it. Befor I got into rock n roll I was neck deep into country music. I know alomst every country music musician out there. My favorite song off of BRR is "Please Help Me I'm Falling" That is a Hank Locklin song and I absolutly love that song. I guess my favorite country music artist would have to be Alabama, Patsy Cline, Hank Williams and Merle Haggard. Just for the record my favorite rock n roll artist include CCR/John Fogerty, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Foriegner, Journey and Kansas. Becca, who are your favorite country and rock n roll artist? I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 21.10.2005, 15:37

You know, my dad is REALLY into country, and always have been. He likes Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, Jimmie Rogders, and all kinds of obscure bluegrassbands. So I grew up listening to country. For a while I was really sick of it, and just couldn't stand it. But I've started liking some of it now, though if not all of it. I don't have any particular favorite, maybe Johnny Cash then. I am really in love with the blues. There's a show on the radio that airs every saturday night called the Blues Asylum, and if I miss that, it's a big crisis! Do you like blues? But I can't live without rock'n'roll, though! I have to admit I haven't heard much of the music to the artists you mentioned, except Creeedence. I live in a little Lodi far away from anything that's fun, including a decent musicstore, and in Norway there are no classic rock radiostations. Feel sorry for me, I do.... By the way, do you like Elvis? Before I discovered Creedence, I was really in to his music. I haven't listened much to it after, but I still like him. I think his early Sun recordings are great!
Old 21.10.2005, 19:10

Are you kidding me? I love Elvis! I can't belive I forgot to mention him! You know how John is influenced by the blues right? (Led Zeppelin is also heavily influenced by the blues too.) Well, I have been trying to get more into the blues and listen to artist like Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf and Robert Johnson but there is nobody here that plays the blues. It's almost like the blues don't exsits here! Ya, its that bad! Infact, I hAve never meet anybody around here who even knows who the guys are! And I don't have money to buy any CDs right know so I am stuck. Though, I have a 10 second clip of Muddy Waters and he sounded really good. Also try to check out Led Zeppelin becuase they are heavily influenced by the blues and I think it shows! It really does stink that there are no classic rokc stations in your area. Though, it stinks that there is no blues station here. Do you play any instraments Becca? I play the viola, bass, guitar, keyboards and I want to learn how to drum and I think I would be pretty good at that. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 21.10.2005, 23:12

Elvis was actually the one who brought me into rock'n'roll and blues when I was around 12 years old! It was like I discovered a new world, you know. Of course I know how John is influenced by the blues, it was the first thing I noticed when I heard "Bayou Country"! I was suprised, I had expected them to be more "smooth", kind of. I was like "How come no one told me about Creedence before!?!". WHAT!?! I thought the blues was something typically american, that is played everywhere! That IS bad. And everybody knows who those guys you mentioned are, or at least that's what I thought. I thought Led Zeppelin was heavy rock'n'roll? No, I don't play any instruments, I tried to learn how to play the guitar once, but I gave up.... I'm a really talented listener, though! Wow, you must be quite a musician, do you play in a band?
Old 22.10.2005, 04:25

I know it is bad! I mean NOBODY here knows who any of those guys are. Sorry if I got you mixed up. I know that Led Zeppelin is a little bit heavy but the band members always talk about how their biggest musical influences are Robert Johnson, Ottis Rush, Bo Diddley,Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Mississippi Fred McDowell, Sonny Boy Williamson, Freddie King, Matt "Guitar" Murphey and Willie Dixon. Also, I am pretty sure that the lead guitarist and the lead singer of Led Zeppelin have really aa extensive blues collection too. No I am not in a band. I have been playing the guitar for about a few months, keyboard for almost a year and I have been playing bass for a fidiling program at my school for a year. Though I have been playing the viola for 4 years and I am currently trying to learn "Stairway To Heaven" on the viola. (Stairway To Heaven is Led Zeppelins biggest known song.) Those instraments are hard to play and take lots of practice and detication trust me!!! Just curiuos but who is you favorite blues singer? I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 22.10.2005, 14:30

No, I'm not mixed up, just very suprised. I thought Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, and Robert Johnson were almost considered american icons, but I guess I was wrong... Well, If I come across some Led Zeppelin, I'm going to check it out! How is Jimi Hendrix' music? I have no particular favorite blues singer. But I really like that raw delta blues that "Bayou Country" is so heavily influenced by. It's not that easy to come by cd's with the music I like here, so the only blues I hear is on the Blues Asylum, and they play everything from jazz to blues to hiphop, so it's not always that interesting. But they send it as a re-run on tuesday, so I can record it then if I hear something I like on saturday. Have you seen the movie "Oh brother, where art thou?" I think it's great, and the soundtrack is to! I have a feeling John loves this movie, since he's into this southern thing. You know the Fairfield Four, that sings on "110 in the shade" on the "Blue Moon Swamp" album? They sing in this movie to!
Old 23.10.2005, 04:00

Jimi Hendrix is rock. "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?" is one of my all time favorite moveis!!! I also love the soundtrack too. I also dod not know that the Fairfield Four was on the soundtrack to that movie. Do you happen to know what song they sing? And yes I bet John does like this movie. I also have the Blue Monn Swamp album and I love it!! John really did a wonderful job on that album I must say. Do you have that album? I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 23.10.2005, 12:26

It's actually my favoritemovie to! I love the story, and I love the music.They sing on "Lonesome Walley", you know the place in the movie where Everett, Pete, Delmar and Tommy is about to be hung, just before the whole place is being flooded. Yes, I have that album! I liked it, especially I like "110 in the shade", "Blueboy", "Rattlesnake highway", and "Joy of my life". What are your favorites on this album?
Old 24.10.2005, 12:11

Thank you for the info on the movie! I know the exact scene that you are talking about. I can't really pick one because I love them all but if I had to pick a few I guess I would have to choose "Swamp River Days", "Southern Streamline", "Walking In A Hurricane", "Rattlesnake Highway" "Blue Monn Nights" and "Joy Of My Life". I also love the ones that you mentioned too! Do you have Johns solo album "Centerfield"? I absolutely love that album! I am also a diehard baseball fan so you can guess that Centerfield is one of my baseball anthems. Are you inot any kind of sports Becca? I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!

Tags
creedence, free, wallpapers