Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 24.10.2005, 13:35
Threadstarter Threadstarter

becca_d is infamous around these parts

You're welcome! I don't have the Centerfield album, but I've heard the song "Centerfield", because I have the song on the album "Premonition". I would really like to hear the John Fogerty album released in 1975, have you heard it? I'm sorry, I'm not into any sports. John is also a diehard baseball fan, but I bet you knew that... Do you play baseball yourself, or...? You play viola, right? I was just wondering, is that like a "bass" violin? In that case, the sound of a viola must be pretty beautiful! I hope you have a nice day!
Old 27.10.2005, 19:10

Music Girl is infamous around these parts

No I have not heard the 1975 album but I would like to hear it also. And yes I play baseball and when I say that I dont play on some kind of team, I just like getting together with friends or family and play. Though, Im ust be honest, I havent played since July. Though, yesterday I brought my ball and glove to school and played catch with two of my friends. And I guess you could say that the viola is a "bass" violin. We have a string "lower" then the violin. The stings on the violin are G D A E. The strings on the viola are C G D A. So ya, I guess you could say that the viola is a bass violin. And it does sound really beautiful. I have been playing the viola since 4th grade and I have loved that instrament ever since! What do you think of the CCR album "Mardi Gras"? I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 28.10.2005, 00:22

You know, I listened to the Blue Moon Swamp album the other day, and I must say, I not only like it, I REALLY like it. John really did a good job on this! It get's better for each time I hear it. First time I heard it I was somewhat disappointed, because I wanted it to sound like Creedence. But of course that was a little silly of me! So if I didn't sound very enthusiastic about it earlier, that's maybe why. It sounds very fun to just play baseball with your friends! I have never heard the sound of a viola, I wish I had.... I can only imagine how it sounds. Well, that was an interesting question! Hmm.... I think "Someday never comes" by John is one hell of a song! Very honest, and a little painful to listen to. He wrote about his breakup with his wife, and how bad he felt about leaving his son just like his father had left him, you know. His other three songs on this album are also good, but I don't really feel that they are GREAT. Something is missing about them, don't know what it is. Over to Doug's songs: I actully think that he did a pretty decent try on "Tearing up the country", but his other two songs sounds a bit "flat". I'm sorry Doug.... And Stu's songs: well, I just don't like his voice! In a way I think that his lyrics were more interesting than Doug's, but I can't say that I'm to crazy about them either. I'm really sorry Stu, because you're bassplaying is excellent! Well, what do you think?
Old 28.10.2005, 02:15

Someday Never Comes is one of my favorites because I can understand where he is coming from. My relationship with my dad isnt so great and I havent seen him in 3 years. Sometimes when I sit down and listen to this song I start to tear up and cry sometimes because it really does move me. I also really like Sweet Hitch Hicker. I think its a rockin tune! I am a country fan and a Ricky Nelson fan so I also really like Mary Lou. I dont really like the other guys songs that much at all. Though, I think Cosmo did a decent jod on Tearin Up The Country. I like the words to Door To Door but not the lyrics!! Not, Stu is one hell of a bassist but he cant sing worth a darn! This might sound like a dumb question but what do you think about John and his flannel shirts? I mean how do you think he looked in them compared to now? Personally, I think he looked really cute in flannel but that is just me! I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 28.10.2005, 15:34

It is very sad to hear that your relationship with your dad is not so good. I understand how this song must move you, it moves me, and I have a very good relationship with my parents, and they are still together after 25 years. So for you who have actually experienced this, it must really tear you apart to hear it. I'm really sorry about you dad! Well, I also think "Sweet Hitch Hiker" is a really good song, if not the VERY best of Creedence. I was thinking mostly of "Mary-Lou" when I said that something was missing, because that song should be dynamite, but to me it isn't. I really don't know why I feel this way. I have to be honest, I can't stand "Door to door"! Creedence would not have made it if Stu was the singer, but he tears up the bass, though! No, no, that's not a dumb question at all, it is actually a very interesting question!
"John and his flannel shirts". It has almost become a clich?! In the heydays of Creedence, everyone was so suprised that he wore flannel shirts, because that wasn't very "in" then, it was sort of "hillbilly", if I am not mistaken. But John never cared much for fashion, and did things his way. I really admire that "I do what I want, and if you don't like it, well, that's you're problem" -attitude! I think he looked REALLY good in those flannel shirts, I agree with you on that! What do you think of the "Pendelum" album?
Old 28.10.2005, 19:13

Well, when they made that album John had a very tight grip on the band. As you know, he wrote every song on that album and I must say, they are pretty good! Isn't Rude Awakining # 2 (sorry my spelling sucks!) on that album? I heard that song was a freaky song. What do you think? I also like Molina. What5 do you think of this album? I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 31.10.2005, 14:35

I think Pendelum is a pretty good album! I wouldn't say it's their best album, but it's not at all a bad album! I think several songs on this album are really great. I think (Wish I could) Hideaway, Have you ever seen the rain, Pagan Baby, Hey tonight, and Molina are the best songs on this album! I am very fond of Hideaway, I love that song. It just something about it that hits me right in the heart. And Pagan Baby, well, it rocks! I think Rude Awakening is pretty freaky, it's just a lot of strange noises, actually. I don't like it much, and I can see the title, because if someone had tried to wake me up with this noise, I would have no mercy on the poor guy.... You haven't heard the whole album? Well, hope you have a nice day!
Old 31.10.2005, 19:17

Nope I haven't heard the whole album. I have a friend whi is gonna try to burn the box set fro me. So wish him luck! Pagan Baby really does rock! You know, when I saw Johni n concert a few months age he did Hey Tonight and I thought it was great. Infact, a live version will be on Johns new cd with Fantasy The Long Road Home. Also if I remember, John also did Have You Ever Seen The Rain at the concert too. Have you already heard about Johns new album with Fantasy? Isnt this great? I cant wait to get it. Infact if you go to Johns web site you can get the track listing for the album. I just cant belive Joh is back with Fantasy Records! I would have never thought this would happen in a million years. Alao dont think just because he is back with Fantasy Records that this means that there is a chance for a CCR reunion. John has stated several times that it will not happen. Even Stu has stated this too. By the way, this is a little of subject but would you want dome pics. of Led Zeooelin? I know you dont know them or their music but, I still think that the lead singer Robert Plant is a little cute. There is probally 150 to 200 pics of Zed Zep. Please let me know if you want me to post them. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 01.11.2005, 16:16

I hope you get the box set, 'cause it is really great! Pagan Baby is just.... so incredibly fun! No, I haven't heard "The Long Road Home". I have heard about it, but I don't think I'm going to buy it, because I think I have almost all of the songs already. I knew that John is back with Fantasy, I read it at his website a while ago. It's good news, I never thought that would happen either! I know that there is no hope for a Creedence reunion, but I think it's VERY sad that they can't make up. Once they were best friends, like brothers, and had been through so much together, and now they are bitter enemies with a mountain of resentment between them. I can't tell you how sad I think that is. What do you think? Sure, I would love to see some pictures of Led Zeppelin! Please post some if you can!
Old 01.11.2005, 18:43

Ya it is sad. They were like brothers and now they are enimies. It breaks my heart really. Esecially about Tom and John. I will try to post those pics of Led Zep. Man I just woke up and I have nothing to say darn it! Well I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!

Tags
creedence, free, wallpapers