Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main
Register FAQ Photo Gallery Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 14.11.2009, 15:40

David Soulsby is on a distinguished road
Default The Early Days replayed!

Been listening to some early stuff by the guys when they were Tommy Fogerty & The Blue Velvets, and The Gooliwogs.
It's amazing how many different influences you can hear on the recordings, everything from the Kingston Trio to The Byrds and The Beatles and even a bit of Soul thrown in for good measure.
As much as I like what I hear, I'm glad the band graduated to their own distinctive sound. Rock wouldn't be the same without the raw, powerful beat of CCR.
Sadly, don't have many of my old original vinyl records any more ( sold them to raise some cash in hard times!!) but have a fantastic box set that fills the void pretty good!
Old 17.11.2009, 02:20
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Soulsby View Post

Been listening to some early stuff by the guys when they were Tommy Fogerty & The Blue Velvets, and The Gooliwogs.
It's amazing how many different influences you can hear on the recordings, everything from the Kingston Trio to The Byrds and The Beatles and even a bit of Soul thrown in for good measure.
As much as I like what I hear, I'm glad the band graduated to their own distinctive sound. Rock wouldn't be the same without the raw, powerful beat of CCR.
Sadly, don't have many of my old original vinyl records any more ( sold them to raise some cash in hard times!!) but have a fantastic box set that fills the void pretty good!
John Fogerty never wanted the Golliwogs material to be released (He really didnt like their early efforts).

He (and the other 3) chose to rename the band himself, instead of the studio (fantasy) trying to replicate the British Invasion success, they named the band Creedence Clearwater Revival. After CCR's demise, Fantasy went on a money grubbing fest and re-released the golliwogs material, john practically begged for this not to happen, then they released Live in europe and once again John DID NOT want that. Then the very successful "Chronicle" albums, (Which is where I had heard of CCR for the first time) and then finally in 1980 "The Royal Albert Hall Concert" which of course was a goof, it was renamed 'The concert'.

You can buy The Royal Albert Hall Concert misname on ebay, it even comes with a "We Goofed" sticker.

Last edited by nerdistmonk; 17.08.2015 at 05:40.

Tags
days, early, replayed