Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 23.03.2011, 23:18

ppecoraro is on a distinguished road
Default Martha?

Is much known about John Fogerty's first wife, Martha? From what I can gather, they were married from 1965-1972 and had three children: Sean, Joshua and Laurie. My best guess after numerous Google searches is that Martha is 65 and still lives in California. I wonder if anyone ever pursued an interview with her. She seems to be quite reclusive, and I've never heard John talk about his adult children. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
-Pete
Old 24.03.2011, 01:23
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Thats a subject that isnt talked about, you never hear about any of CCR's personal life, back when CCR was together it was considered inappropriate to even ask those kind of questions, CCR is since long gone, John Fogerty has been interviewed on larry king that might be a good place to go look for info on (youtube has a copy of that interview).

Back in 1970 all "interviews" were very much rigged, they wernt interviews at all, they were very pre-arranged appearances just to promote the band (Even John Fogerty raised his doubts about the integrity of news back in 1970, when he was only 24, their behavior was strange to him), the closest ive seen to a personal interview back in CCR's day was during the TV broadcast of "CCR: In Concert" he talked a bit about his mother but thats it, he always found it strange that people wanted to know "what he eats and junk like that --JCF 1970", so thats probably part of the reasoning.

CCR was under control of Zaentz, and he had them bustling everywhere in a limo. They were asked very generic questions, typical of any TV appearance at the time, along with a mimed performance of their hit song at the time. (For CCR that was like every week hehe)

Sorry for the long answer but in short, Ive never personally read about their personal life, their recent interviews just tell about CCR's history, not theirs.
Old 24.03.2011, 01:51
Threadstarter Threadstarter

ppecoraro is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Nerdistmonk. You're certainly correct about those non-"interviews" from the 60s and 70s. They were merely promotional pieces. I can certainly understand that an old marriage has dropped off John's radar. Still, most adults can always find something to say about their children, so his reticence seems curious. I think it would be an interesting project for someone to interview these reclusive figures. As another example, Sara Dylan is still alive, but like Martha, her profile is close to zero. Some people, too, just don't want to be found...
Old 29.07.2011, 19:51

joyride is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes I prefer not to dwell into my fave artists' lives too much.....unless the artist is a beautiful woman
Old 17.12.2012, 13:12

lsq4 is on a distinguished road

All three of John's adult children attended his second wedding in Elkhart, Indiana on April 20, 1991.

Tags
martha