Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main
Register FAQ Photo Gallery Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 28.03.2010, 00:26

petty4343 is on a distinguished road
Default Maybe Get Together

Anybody know if there's a chance of the best band of my youth ever getting together again.
I have not heard of any of members getting sick or worse yet, passing on.
Any feedback would be great.
petty4343
Old 28.03.2010, 08:43
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by petty4343 View Post
Anybody know if there's a chance of the best band of my youth ever getting together again.
I have not heard of any of members getting sick or worse yet, passing on.
Any feedback would be great.
petty4343

Heres the status:

Tom Fogerty: DECEASED 1990 (and yes a quick money grab was attempted to cash in on his death with a "best of" album)

Doug Clifford: Wouldnt speak to John Fogerty if it was to save his life, currently part of the horror that is CCRev

Stu Cook: Sticking with clifford the friend who didnt go insane for no reason and wreck a good band.

John C Fogerty: Managed to piss off (and piss on, ironically at the same time) the remaining members so badly they would NEVER speak to him let alone help him up if he was laying on the side of the road. Currently does his own thing, has more backup guitarists than I do backup underware.

I hope this helps you calculate those chances of a reunion.

welcome to the forums.
Old 28.03.2010, 21:05
Threadstarter Threadstarter

petty4343 is on a distinguished road

Man what a mess.
Thanks for the feedback
You sure answered my questions.
petty4343
Old 28.03.2010, 21:23

Voyeur is on a distinguished road

Turns out Stu did show up at a recent Fogerty concert in Texas according to some reviewer. It was kind of a festival of sorts so there were other acts but Stu was in the front of the crowd watching Fogerty, I was suprised to learn.

I will say this, in the early 80's they were talking to each other (even playing together at their high school reunion a year before Fogerty released CENTERFIELD)...up until the plagiarism suit, in which Stu and Doug sided with Fantasy records against Fogerty. Years later, Fogerty refused to play with Stu and Doug at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in a very ugly and sad situation.

There's a lot more to it than that, but both those incidents were key to the bitterness between both parties. It's a long, tragic fight with no end in sight...unless you consider not talking to each other an end.
Old 04.07.2010, 22:01

rondo is on a distinguished road

Howdy,

I'm a newbie and was always curious about why CCR broke up. I had no idea that Stu and Doug sided with Fantasy! (must have been money related?) I could see why John would be upset.

I have a video of the RnR Hall Of Fame show when Creedence won. I was upset that John couldn't put things aside for one night. I can't even watch the part where CCR was to play. Bruce Springsteen and those other guys had no business being onstage....that should have been John, Doug and Stu! (just my personal opinion, btw!)

rondo
Old 04.07.2010, 22:06
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondo View Post
Howdy,

I'm a newbie and was always curious about why CCR broke up. I had no idea that Stu and Doug sided with Fantasy! (must have been money related?) I could see why John would be upset.

I have a video of the RnR Hall Of Fame show when Creedence won. I was upset that John couldn't put things aside for one night. I can't even watch the part where CCR was to play. Bruce Springsteen and those other guys had no business being onstage....that should have been John, Doug and Stu! (just my personal opinion, btw!)

rondo

They sided with fantasy because fantasy was the holder of their contract and Johns actions are what caused the whole mess to begin with, so yes they went to their record label and took shelter, problably hoping john would get what he wants and all would be right with the world again
Old 05.07.2010, 00:03
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyeur View Post
Turns out Stu did show up at a recent Fogerty concert in Texas according to some reviewer. It was kind of a festival of sorts so there were other acts but Stu was in the front of the crowd watching Fogerty, I was suprised to learn.

I will say this, in the early 80's they were talking to each other (even playing together at their high school reunion a year before Fogerty released CENTERFIELD)...up until the plagiarism suit, in which Stu and Doug sided with Fantasy records against Fogerty. Years later, Fogerty refused to play with Stu and Doug at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in a very ugly and sad situation.

There's a lot more to it than that, but both those incidents were key to the bitterness between both parties. It's a long, tragic fight with no end in sight...unless you consider not talking to each other an end.
As for them playing together at a high school reunion, it was just the 3 again, and also that was just before he was sued in 1984, centerfield wasnt finished yet, they played in 1983.....thats the only reason, and the person to blame for that crap lawsuit was Saul Zantz (typo), not Doug....