Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 31.12.2004, 20:08

thefrenchfanccr is infamous around these parts

waouh , you love the CCR you :-) ,

where are you come from ?jo
Old 10.01.2005, 11:19

Seej is infamous around these parts

It wouldnt be heard to replace Tom, musically speaking that is. Heck, I could do his job in my sleep!
Old 08.04.2005, 10:19

Music Girl is infamous around these parts

John Doug and Stu cannot get back together. It is just not possible. I know how it feels to backstabbed by family members and friends real bad. Let me tel you it is not a good feeling at all!!! When you are around this person you feel diffrent. Something just cant be forgiven. No matter what. I dont exactly how John feels but I have an idea. So personaly, I dont blame them. Feelings hurt that bad just cant be forgiven. I'm not surprised if John never talks to Cosmo or Stu again. PEOPLE IT JUST CANT HAPPEN!!!!!
Old 13.04.2005, 07:52
Anonymous

www.rushlimbaugh.com
"Fortunate Son" Not About George Bush
April 12, 2005

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Did you see the story in the New York Times yesterday about Bush's iPod? Bush has an iPod. Did you see the story? (asking Mr. Snerdley) Yeah, one of his daughters gave it to him and Mark McKinnon, who is a good friend of his and runs his media, McKinnon has something to do with the songs that are on the iPod. The iPod, depending on which kind you get, will hold 10,000 songs. McKinnon downloads the songs for Bush. It's a lot of country stuff on there because Bush is in Texas and loves country music, and so the New York Times is reporting on this and there's this little paragraph here. "Nonetheless," it begins, "McKinnon said that Bush had not gone so far as to include on his playlist 'Fortunate Son,' the angry anti-Vietnam war song about privileged draft dodgers that John Fogerty sang when he was with Creedence Clearwater Revival. The lyrics say, 'Some folks are born silver spoon in hand, I ain't no senator's son.' The song seems to be about the president in all but name."

Hey, New York Times, the song is from 1968 when John Fogerty was so high on grass out in California he didn't know what he was singing or writing. "As the son of a two-term congressman and a US Senate candidate Bush won a coveted spot with the Texas Air National Guard to avoid combat in Vietnam." Now, why put this paragraph in there? Do you think that McKinnon said to the New York Times reporter, "And, by the way, you know Bush doesn't have that song 'Fortunate Son' in there." Do you think the New York Times asked Mr. McKinnon, "Does the president like Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival?" "McKinnon said Bush had not gone so far as to include--" McKinnon didn't say anything. McKinnon answered a question. The whole premise was advanced by the reporter at the New York Times. The whole reason for doing a story on the fact the president has an iPod was to mention he doesn't have the Creedence song Fortunate Son on his iPod because it might hit too close to home. Typical from the New York Times.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I'm getting lots of e-mails from people who say that the Creedence song, Fortunate Son, 1968, was actually a slam on Al Gore who was a senator's son in '68. Even a couple are saying it's a slam at the Kennedy family, but regardless what it is, rest assured, it is not, as the New York Times wants its dumb cuff mind-numbed robot readers to think, about George W. Bush.

END TRANSCRIPT
Read the Article...

(NY Times: President Bush's iPod)http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/11/politics/11letter.html?hp &ex=1113278400&en=5b704b8f85addafd&ei= 5094&partner=hom epage
Old 24.04.2005, 04:47
Anonymous

I concur wholeheartedly that a Creedence Reunion sans Tom, while not an IMPOSSIBILITY, is very IMPROBABLE. Too much bad blood and the cold and emotionally brutal interferrence of record industry moguls such as Saul Zaentz has more or less put the kibosh on that concept. I myself hold Zaentz and Tom Fogerty responsible for the whole debacle. Granted, John should have been watching Zaentz's financial slights of hand more closely and been more AWARE as to the What, wheres. whens and hows of his contract. Back in the 60's and yes, up until now, record moguls and managers have been and ARE rapacious. Look at what happened to Chicago and Grand Funk. Prime examples!!!
Old 23.07.2012, 05:50

Classic Creedence Tribute is on a distinguished road

Doug and Stu have a great band going now and they are playing pure CCR, as much as it would be good to see them get together I think there has been to much bad water go under the bridge for that to happen. I think in their own minds they don't need to get together.
Old 25.07.2012, 15:12

hornet is on a distinguished road

The members of ccr must have all got on well at some stage, otherwise
they could not have stayed together for so long & made so much great
music. John was maby to controlling & tried to do to much, like run the
business side of things as ccr never had a manager which they should
have, john should have stuck with what he did best, writing, playing
& singing & not have had to worry about anything else.

From hornet.
Old 26.07.2012, 16:45
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet View Post
The members of ccr must have all got on well at some stage, otherwise
they could not have stayed together for so long & made so much great
music. John was maby to controlling & tried to do to much, like run the
business side of things as ccr never had a manager which they should
have, john should have stuck with what he did best, writing, playing
& singing & not have had to worry about anything else.

From hornet.
of course they got along good, they were long time friends, went to high school together, but john got unruly, the boys wanted more say in the band, and well the rest is now history
Old 31.07.2012, 13:22

joyride is an unknown quantity at this point

My GF who was born in '73 would love a CCR reunion. She loves CCR!!!!
Old 23.09.2012, 20:28

Tomaso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo View Post
Revival of Creedence Clearwater Revival is the best what can happen in my life
Get a life.

Tags
doug, john, letter, open, stu