Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 18.08.2011, 06:57

Arisin Wind is on a distinguished road

I know about the Quad Creedence Gold LP. I have a copy of that.

From what I've heard, Russ Gary apparently remixed Proud Mary and Bad Moon into stereo for a non-quad LP pressing of Creedence Gold. It happened either in the late 70's or early 80's. If it truly exists it must be rare.

I though you had a copy and I wanted to know the details of the LP for identifying it.
Old 07.09.2011, 06:52

This thread got me interested again in those elusive stereo recordings. I did some checking on other forums and got some leads. Apparently the Creedence Gold album that is NOT quad but has stereo recordings of Proud Mary and Bad Moon Rising does exist. I was able to locate one and just played it and sure enough - stereo Proud Mary and stereo Bad Moon Rising.

If you want to find this version of Creedence Gold with the wider stereo mixes look for Creedence Gold, BLUE or Teal label, pressing "(b-t) F-9418 A-G/A". This can be found on the dead wax on side A. The album does NOT have the foldouts on the album cover.

The real nice thing about this is you usually find this album for very little money.

There you go. You don't need the Quad album to hear the stereo versions of Proud Mary and Bad Moon Rising.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arisin Wind For This Useful Post:
brickbat (04.03.2014)
Old 08.09.2011, 03:37
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

I already have proud mary and bad moon rising in stereo (had the means to do my own mixes of both). But if someone is into collecting vinyl then having the CCR Gold lp would be cool. (I Stopped collecting vinyl last year)

Edit: For the record the highest fidelity version of any of the CCR albums you can get would be the very expensive reel to reel versions that were put out (No im collecting those either, went 100% digital for everything)
Old 29.10.2011, 20:57

jza56 is on a distinguished road

I beg to differ. "Working Man", and "Penthouse Pauper" may be narrow stereo, but PM, BMR, Lodi, and SHH are in real, true stereo. Extreme difference in L and R channels.
Old 30.10.2011, 02:37
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jza56 View Post
I beg to differ. "Working Man", and "Penthouse Pauper" may be narrow stereo, but PM, BMR, Lodi, and SHH are in real, true stereo. Extreme difference in L and R channels.
jz, theres no difference between narrow stereo and true stereo (true stereo is not even a term, and narrow is a description of how close to center the L/R channels are), Proud Mary and bad moon rising are stereo but they are not taking advantage of the stereo field as they were narrowed for compatibility with mono turntables when they were made, you seem to be confused. Regardless the CCR gold LP also includes a new stereo mix thats wider than the original.

Last edited by nerdistmonk; 06.11.2011 at 08:15.
Old 05.07.2014, 02:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post

From what I've heard, Russ Gary apparently remixed Proud Mary and Bad Moon into stereo for a non-quad LP pressing of Creedence Gold. It happened either in the late 70's or early 80's.
Russ Gary has said he was NOT the one remixing Proud Mary and Bad Moon Rising for the wide Stereo Creedence Gold LP.

Tags
recordings, stereo