Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 30.03.2005, 06:17
Anonymous

Default why did CCR break up?

I'm 15, so I dont know anything about the breakup of CCR. I asked my mom and dad, but even they weren't sure. I asked my mom, "well, can john fogerty still play his CCR songs or not?" (i was asking b/c he was had a concert here where i live not to long ago). And she said she doesn't know because of some lawsuit??? Was the breakup that bad???? Or was she exaggerating? It'd help a lot if you can sum up why they broke up, and if john fogerty can ever play CCR songs in his solo career, oh, and also, if there will ever be a reunion.
Old 16.03.2010, 19:45

#1FAN is on a distinguished road

Hey, check out the article on Wikipedia. It seems pretty good. Hope this is helpful. Their breakup was a sad day in my life. John was never so good again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creedence#History
Old 29.07.2010, 14:54

joyride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
John Fogerty was a one-man-hit-writing-machine (he wrote most of their top 10 hits) and therefore wrote most of CCR's original music.
I'll try to make it less painful as possible! Methinx JF played and performed much better with CCR than solo, but thena again, that is true for most members who leave a band e.g. Sting, Ritchie Blackmore, Robert Plant (who had to re-form the Band of Joy to get back on the track ), etc., and JF is NO exception in my rock book. The only artists I know who were still big solo are: Paul McArtney, Ringo Starr, Ian Astbury (Cult), Lita Ford and a few others. Just MY 2 cents...or 4

Tags
break, ccr