Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Gossip > New on forum

Notices

New on forum Introduction of our new members

Old 08.11.2009, 22:35

David Soulsby is on a distinguished road
Wink Bayou magic

Hi

Does anyone remember when they first heard the Bayou Country album and how it affected them?

It blew my mind when I first listened to it. Great music for tuning up full blast and just letting the magic wash over you!

I'm particularly interested in what other CCR fans think about the album because I've just had a book published set in the Sixties that features
a lengthy section about the album's tracks and how they inspire two of the book's main characters to open up to each other about their hopes and dreams for a better world, free from hatred, war and hypocrisy.

I've had some early feedback from readers that has been very encouraging, so more memories and observations about the album and the band and how they lives were changed would be welcome.

Thanks for looking in.

David Soulsby
Somewhere In The Distance, published by AuthorHouse
Old 09.11.2009, 01:48
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Bayou Country recorded at RCA Studios wasnt just significant to its listeners, it was significant to the band and John Fogerty himself. With Bayou Country, Creedence had finally made it out of the rut they were in. John Fogerty had his best inspiration during the making of BC, he wrote Proud Mary when he found out he had been honorably discharged from the army reserves.

My personal favorite is Born on the Bayou, this swampy tune is excellent, not to mention it makes a good concert opener. If its anything, heres what life lessons the Fogerty has set upon me:

1) Fogerty has done more for flannel shirt fashion than the Outdoor network and the hunting channel combined. When all else fails put on a lucky red flannel and you might be surprised what you can accomplish, if it works for foggy, it will work for you* (results not typical, do not expect success in all cases)

1a) WARNING DO NOT. and I repeat DO NOT PUT ON TIGHT LETHER PANTS IF OVER 90 POUNDS.....(Trust me, I tried, I had to call fire department to get them off using the shears of life, $70 bucks ill never get back...... /jk)

2) No matter what, always open with Born on the Bayou, you cant go wrong (fogerty even wrote a song about it). Period.

3) If you arrive to monster hot ticket concert say like umm woodstock and you find that 99.9% of the audience decided to go to umm "sleep" or a Grateful Dead induced coma (a common occurance), do the right thing, do the fogerty thing, PLAY ANYWAYS, odds are you will wake 2 or 3 people up in the front row and then you'll have a jam

4) Cant think of a name for your up and coming band, follow Fogerty tip #132: Name it after a random guy your bro knows, a beer commercial and add redemption to the top.

5) Dont do drugs, CCR may have broke up, but at least none of them entered the 27 club.

Anyways thats enough life lessons (which were a joke by the way)

P.S: I cant give insight as to what I felt when it first came out since I was born in the 80's, but I do know that the first time I heard it in 2000, it was the finest music experience I ever had.

I love all of CCR's albums, but BC is my personal favorite
Old 09.11.2009, 17:56
Threadstarter Threadstarter

David Soulsby is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Bayou magic

Hi
Thanks for the observations. Glad you dig the album. Keep on chooglin'!
David
Old 11.11.2009, 05:47
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Soulsby View Post
Hi
Thanks for the observations. Glad you dig the album. Keep on chooglin'!
David
No problem.

Last edited by nerdistmonk; 17.08.2015 at 05:35.

Tags
bayou, magic