Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Fans' stories

Notices

Fans' stories Different stories about Creedence Clearwater Revival

Old 16.11.2006, 18:58

hitbit is on a distinguished road
Default So So Good

Stuff the girl, she's sad and has no appreciation of music.
My teenage son's formed a band, playing SlipKnot type music. They listened some of my CCR LP's, Bought CD's, Downloaded the lyrics and now play CCR songs at all their gigs. And guess what the audience, very few of them over 25 love it to bits. You can see the sad faces when the lads play Lodi and hear a pin drop when they do Long as I can see the light.

hitbit
Old 06.03.2007, 01:45

masako is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Hi Everybody! I?m from Argentina, I?m 15 and just wanted to say that I really like Creedence, I first listened them by my father, who love them more tan me I think but, there?s a special song " Have you ever seen the Rain" that really brings me good memories of my graduation party...I?m finally a teacher! I can now teach English to the small ones, and I love it...
Well, good luck everybody!....
Hi,
I am researching to make a documentary on "Have you ever seen the rain".

It is great to see your post.
Please tell me which part of the song inspire you the most, and how do you associate this song to your life...
We need voices from younger genrations.

Please write me at
masako@imakokomedia.com

Thanks.

Masako
Old 06.03.2007, 01:50

masako is on a distinguished road
Default Tell me more on Have you ever seen the rain.

Hi Everybody!

I am currently conducting a research on the documentary on "Have you ever seen the rain" on behalf of NHK Japanese broadcasting station.

We would like to hear what part of the song inspire you the most, especially with the younger (teen to twenties) generations.
If you could write lyrics and how do you associate with each line (or a few lines) it would be a great help.

We are not sure if this is going to be a successful proposal, but trying to gather information as much as we could.

Looking forward to hear your voices!

Thank you!

Masako
Old 28.09.2007, 02:11

rog B is on a distinguished road
Talking Nobody Does It Like Ccr..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitbit View Post
Stuff the girl, she's sad and has no appreciation of music.
My teenage son's formed a band, playing SlipKnot type music. They listened some of my CCR LP's, Bought CD's, Downloaded the lyrics and now play CCR songs at all their gigs. And guess what the audience, very few of them over 25 love it to bits. You can see the sad faces when the lads play Lodi and hear a pin drop when they do Long as I can see the light.

hitbit
LET;S GET THIS RIGHT THERE IS NO OTHER BAND THAT HAD AN IMPACT LIKE CCR;LISTEN TO THE MUSIC IT SETS STANDARDS THAT VERY FEW CAN EVER HOPE TO ASPIRE TO.
Old 02.10.2007, 21:52

iowan woman is on a distinguished road
Default The Music

The Doobie Brothers sang a song, "Listen To The Music."

Creedence Clearwater Revival is apocalyptic and messianic. “Have You Ever Seen The Rain” is a promise that other writers and artists have been given the words to as well. Like all great pieces, there are layers of meaning that transcend the writer’s intent.

Listen to the music.
Old 01.02.2008, 06:55

g_raham is on a distinguished road

Honestly, this song is a happy and sad song for me. Just the whole flow and the lyrics of the song make me think about happy times. But on the other hand, it's such a meaningful song (in such a unique way). Depending what mood I'm in really, is how I feal about it.

Another thing it reminds me of is the scence in the remake of "The Longest Yard" (with Adam Sandler) and they have the seen where they're messing around in the mud, having a great time. That also lifts my spirits up.
Old 01.02.2008, 07:02

g_raham is on a distinguished road

Hey, Masoka. I'll do it for you. I'm 14, and I've also been looking on what people think of this song. So here it goes ... by the way, my answers are italicized. AND PLEASE NOBODY MAKE FUN OR SAY WHAT I PUT IS WRONG. IT'S JUST WHAT I THINK IT MEANS, PERSONALLY.

Someone told me long ago theres a calm before the storm, from my view, it's talking about how there's always something bad that can happen to good
I know; its been comin for some time.
When its over, so they say, itll rain a sunny day, but in the end, everything will be good - this happens to my life especially. something bad may happen, but there is always somebody to pick you back up
I know; shinin down like water.

Chorus:
I want to know, have you ever seen the rain? have you ever had something upsetting happen to you
I want to know, have you ever seen the rain
Comin down on a sunny day? has something bad ruined your day before

Yesterday, and days before, sun is cold and rain is hard, how you can be down even if it's a beautiful day and how you can be affected for a prolonged time
I know; been that way for all my time. there's always been something depressing in life, that will affect you for as long as you live
til forever, on it goes through the circle, fast and slow, life keeps circling sometimes good/bad times drag out, sometimes they're not long enough to cherish
I know; it cant stop, I wonder. wondering if things will just be perfect. maybe not depression in life

Chorus
Yeah!
Chorus
Old 12.09.2011, 17:23

aussie josh is on a distinguished road

this great ccr song was played for my brother cameron at his funeral who passed away at the age of 27 last year

it cuts deep when i here it now
Old 08.12.2012, 09:39

BeauJames is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie josh View Post
this great ccr song was played for my brother cameron at his funeral who passed away at the age of 27 last year

it cuts deep when i here it now
My favorite CCR song. Reminds me of my beloved uncle who I lost i August at the age of 60 after a long battle with heart and kidney failure. He was 18 years older than me, never had any children, and I grew up spending weekends at he and my aunt's house. He was always playing his records of CCR and his type music while I always liked my stupid 80's pop crap. A lot of big things going on in my life now, big promotion at work, my daughter graduates from nursing school next weekend and my son is headed off to college in January. He was very proud of me and my children and us of him. We had a special bond. This will be 1st holidays without him and with all the big things happening for my little family i can't help but think of him and wish he were here to share the happy times with. It seems like every time I get in my car the last week or so this song has been playing and I know it is him letting me know even though he is no longer with us in the flesh he is still here with us. I can't not listen to the song play but I also cant not cry when I hear it. Have had to go in to work twice in the past 2 or 3 days teary eyed because it was playing as I drove up to work. James was my uncle. When I was a kid he had a limited edition Chevy Silverado called Beau James. He was so proud of that truck and I thought it was so neat a truck was named after him lol. I miss you every day, James. Thanks for letting me know you are still with us for these big things in our lives by reminding me with this beautiful song from CCR. I'll miss you every day for the rest of my life.
Old 16.06.2013, 17:34

Tony Trout is on a distinguished road

This is at the TOP of my own favorite CCR songs - As far as relating to the song, yes, I can - in more ways than I care to count. I've endured loss after loss in my lifetime (mostly family members - especially this year- but I've also known loss in the form of breakups and the emotional pain that still haunts me...my last ex is someone who I will love until the day I leave this Earth. She knows it, she just doesn't care to hear about it.

Tags
rain