Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Fans' stories

Notices

Fans' stories Different stories about Creedence Clearwater Revival

Old 29.12.2007, 20:53

kody is on a distinguished road
Default why i love creedence

hello to everyone
I've only recently discovered this excellent site.my name's kody from cambridgeshire in England.
i first got into creedence when i was a young kid around 1969/70.they were the first band i discovered for myself rather than being introduced to them via an older brother or sister.
the first song of theirs i heard was proud mary.i loved their sound because it was so American and i was a lover of all things Americana back then.but it wasn't just that.although theirs was quite a simple (but brilliant) rock & roll sound the song was like a painting or video in my head.i could virtually smell the paint on the riverboat queen and taste the water it was rolling through.
i thought anyone who could get you to experience music in such a way must be some kind of genius.
after that creedence became my favourite band ever and i loved all their stuff.their music made me feel high,lifting up my spirits whenever i heard it.sometimes i felt totally lost to the outside world in it so it rather broke me up a bit when they split up in 1972.
creedence were never as big in England as they were in their native america.sure,they were a big band over here and had a number of hits between 1969/71 but were never as massive as in the states.infact,years later i was shocked to learn that their biggest selling album over here(cosmos factory)only got to number 40 or something.anyway,apart from to their old fans they seem to be largely forgotten about.not fully of course but they don't seem to have been reassesed and reappraised like so many other bands of their era such as "love" , "spirit" or the "doors" etc.however,i think that will eventually happen and then the world will know what we've always known;that creedence were one of the few all-time greatest bands ever!.

Tags
creedence, love