Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Fans' stories

Notices

Fans' stories Different stories about Creedence Clearwater Revival

Old 14.01.2009, 14:27

ccrnut is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
I agree!
I believe the reason CCR do not get as much credit as i think they deserve is that they were not at the top for long enough, in comparison to say the Beatles, Stones, Eagles, Who, Led Zep. Bands like Kiss and ZZ Top were/are around for a longer elapsed period and very driven by commercial success and people still go on about them a lot today, though not with the reverence of the others i mentioned. ... Everything CCR did was in a 3-4 year period, releasing albums at a rate of about 1 every 6 months when most bands do 1 per year. And as JF was the driving creative force (he was CCR in a lot of people's eyes) ... I speculate that he had reached a bit of burn out at keeping the CCR sound going after Cosmo's Factory. That's not to say i dislike Pendulum, just that it saw the introduction of keyboards save for a couple tracks (Hey Tonight and Pagan Baby) and a very different sound and feel to their previous output. And as for Mardi Gras ... well i still remain disappointed to this day.
The Following User Says Thank You to ccrnut For This Useful Post:
trogyal999 (30.08.2010)
Old 22.01.2009, 02:48

waggy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitbit View Post
They were uncompromising. Never sold their souls to the devil, Remained true to their music and fans. Not traits liked by the music moguls but loved by millions worldwide, half of whom were born long after the sad demise of a super band who are up there in terms of quality with the Stones, Beatles etc and who should have been there in time too. This was a band who could have rocked till they dropped. Creedence have left a legacy and will always be loved, admired and appreciated by those blessed with an ear for music and an understanding of the meaning behind lyrics.

hitbit
Spot on reply, Quality
Old 25.06.2010, 05:42

mongoose53 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mongoose53 Send a message via Yahoo to mongoose53
Default Huh-huh - What?

Creedence was not a "Good" commercial band?

By what standard?

-Sb
Old 25.06.2010, 06:13
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose53 View Post
Creedence was not a "Good" commercial band?

By what standard?

-Sb

No one questioned them being a good band, they were the best and for those of us here we know how good their music is, they just wernt all that easy to sell, mostly due to the fact they self-destructed at their peak success, usually NASA calls this a mission failure. They (their managers anyways) were making tons of money from 1968-1970 but started down the hill past that point, as the historical posts in this thread read, they have several billboard hits and sold lots of records back in the day, but decline has set in and this is due to it being 40 years since CCR broke up.

And to this day CCR is not a very valuable asset (in the money sense). They have almost no footage of the band, just 7 albums, and you can only re-re-re-re-release the same 7 albums so many times and trust me concord has exhausted their limited catalog to the ends of the earth. "The Concert" has been released more times than I can tell you,

How can a record company consider CCR an asset when they cant even release one single dvd concert of them? Not even one poster or a replica poster? They finally made some tshirts for their 40th anniversary and guess what plainest tshirts ever, and even the quality of the cd's they make arnt that great anymore either because they have over done it too many times.

But theres my explanation as to why CCR isnt commercially a success,
if they hadnt blown each other away and kept on they would have been a cash cow, there would have been some legally usable footage of them playing as cable tv came to the scene. They broke up in 1972, we were still landing on the moon then!

Look at elvis he wasnt big until 1973, and why is that....he got broadcast via satellite around the world so now he has been set in cement, ccr would have had that opportunity if they stuck in it longer, only 4 years....that isnt very long considering all the other bands that were around before ccr most of them still play to this day. Even the biggest money machine of the ALL TIME....the woodstock music and arts festival, CCR was there but their opportunity got screwed up by technical difficulties at 1 in the morning, so CCR had to scrub their movie and sound footage and never got into the biggest movie of 1970.....woodstock the movie saved warner bros, they were bankrupt think of what that would have done for ccr if they were in it, most people dont even know they were!

Last edited by nerdistmonk; 25.06.2010 at 21:12.
Old 17.08.2010, 12:55

trogyal999 is on a distinguished road

ccr means pure music no gimmicks...its the most underrated band ever 40 years gone but there music's majic is still alilve 40 years later when most of us including britney spears and justin beiber would have gone ccr's music will still be touching peoples heart...this is what evergreen music is...
Old 18.08.2010, 06:56
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogyal999 View Post
ccr means pure music no gimmicks...its the most underrated band ever 40 years gone but there music's majic is still alilve 40 years later when most of us including britney spears and justin beiber would have gone ccr's music will still be touching peoples heart...this is what evergreen music is...
Again as mentioned, CCR is the best and will remain so, so will their music, no one here questioned that, the question was why isnt CCR a commercial success?

They were during the short time they were together. But while they made their mark in those short years, they didnt leave a giant impact crater similar to elvis, people will never forget elvis, and hopefully no one will forget CCR, as of now they are terribly close to being extinct, most kids never heard of them and the rest just know them as the guys who made "fortunate son"

I certainly wont forget CCR and their music, and neither will my friends.

These guys should get back together before its too late to say "Im sorry".

--the monk
Old 13.12.2010, 07:52

Ricardo Cortes is on a distinguished road

I guess that feeling is coming because there are not many news on the media talking about CCR; for example in Mexico I heard a quick comment about Tomīs death, but I heard a lot of news about Jhon Lennon instead; that stucked my brain.
Old 29.06.2011, 19:47

rheis is on a distinguished road
Default Britain

How big were they in the UK? They were around a bit before my time (I was born in '71!) but I don't recall hearing them much on the radio or TV after they split. I only started listening to Creedence about twelve years ago and that was through a friend. Actually, it may have been "The Big Lebowski" that got me curious. "The Dude" with his "Creedence tapes"!
When I first listened to "Chronicle", I was only vaguely familiar with a couple of songs. "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" was the more familiar for some reason.
Anyhow, glad I found them as their music is wonderful!
Old 29.06.2011, 20:06
Super Moderator

London seemed to sure enjoy them in 1970, they gave a 20 minute standing ovation. hehe
rheis (29.06.2011)
Old 03.04.2014, 01:48

hitbit is on a distinguished road
Default Blame

Agreed there were some differences within the band particularly regarding material. The others became somewhat envious of John writing all the material and wanted far greater imput. This was a disaster as they simply did not have the gift. But blame for the ultimate demise of Creedence, lack of merchandise, absence of a decent documentary etc lies squarely at the hands of fantasy records and its proprietor. Creedence were, are and always will be a huge success in musical if not in monetary terms because those who love and appreciate true music will always respond positively on first hearing them. I am a lifelong CCR and JF fan but so too are my sons and all their friends some of whom have a band and play CCR in their sets and none of them were even born when Creedence were at their peak. My boys and their friends, 10 in all made their own Creedence TShirts on the house PC to wear at Oxigen ( a huge outdoor festival ) here in Ireland.

Hitbit

Tags
band, ccr, commercial, consid, considered, creedence clearwater revival, good