Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Albums, Songs and Concerts
Register FAQ Photo Gallery Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Albums, Songs and Concerts Here we discuss our impression of CCR albums, songs and concerts, as well as the songs meaning

Old 28.05.2005, 08:06

Green_Kirby is infamous around these parts
Send a message via ICQ to Green_Kirby

That song freaks me out. Really, it makes me feel endangered and surrounded.
What made John make it? We all have to have inspiration.
Old 28.05.2005, 09:43

Music Girl is infamous around these parts

Well, I read that he wrote it about gun violence. You know in the begging how it sounds real freaky well, I also read that John used some of his sons toys in the begging of that song. There was also some keyboards mixed in there as well. That song is very trippy if you know what I mean. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 28.05.2005, 10:00

I mean John used some of his sons wind up toys. When he mixed it with those keybards it ended up sounding real freaky didnt it? I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 28.05.2005, 11:39
Anonymous

UP AROUND THE BEND / RUN THROUGH THE JUNGLE . In 2000 years , people will say :It was the best Rock single of the 20 th century. John Fogerty was only 25 years when he created this double A side . Can you really imagine that ? 25 years but the genius & the maturity of the old wise man. Was also a track like 'BORN ON THE BAYOU ' created 2 years earlier a tune comin from the Genesis of this world ? Of course it was. John also did BORN ON THE BAYOU .His voice was coming straight from the Big Bang. OA
Old 28.05.2005, 22:27
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Green_Kirby is infamous around these parts
Send a message via ICQ to Green_Kirby

Yeah, the noises at the beginning and at the end kinda hurt my ears...
O.o;
Thanks for replying!

Bother me tomorrow; Today, I'll buy no sorrows~ (5/28/05)
Old 28.05.2005, 23:24

You are welcome! I must say, it does knid of hurt my ears too. It is very unusual sound. In fact, I dont think there is a sound out there like that. That song is a very unique song. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
PS Doot Doot Doo Looking Out My Back Door
Old 29.05.2005, 03:20
Anonymous

wow you ppl arent that good with music are you? Run Through the Jungle is about the war that was going on at the time. You all should know that john was in that war for some time and that it was in a jungle. O and the sounds you hear in the intro arent from some toy. If you ever get the chance to play a guitar that happens to be one of the effects they can do.
Old 29.05.2005, 10:02

Man you guys really make me work!! Do I have to find every interview with John about his songs to prove a point?
Was Run Though The Jungle About The Vetnam War?
John Fogerty: "I think a lot of people thought that because of the times, but I was talking about America and the proliferation of guns, registerd and otherwise. I'm a hunter and I'm not anti-gun, but I just thoght people were so gun-happy- and there so many guns uncontrolled- that it was really dangerous, and it's even worse now. It's interesting that it has taken 20- odd years to get a movement on that position." ( In Los Angeles Times 1993)
He is the story about the way the beggining of the song came about or I should say the intro.
How Was The Intro To Run Though The Jungle Recorded?
Stu Cook:"Lot's of backwards recorded guitar and piano." (Bayou Moon Onternet Mailing List 1996) I also remember reading somewhere that John did in fact use some of his sonds wind- up toys in the intro to that song. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!! John I hope you have an awesome Birthday!!!! Rock On John!!!!!!
Old 22.07.2005, 14:24
Anonymous

Music Girl, you're great. Thanks for your thorough and well-researched answer.

Anoymous, you on the other hand are regrettably a condescending know-it-all and your mouth outstrips your brain. At least in this case, your superiority complex is remarkably unwarranted. You would do well to learn the difference between surmise and assume. One might reasonably surmise that "Run Through The Jungle"was about Vietnam, but the mere reasonableness of an idea doesn't make it fact. For example, "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins does in fact sound like it could be have been written about a drowning, a rape, or a (insert your favorite urban legend here). might be singing about a guy
Old 22.07.2005, 14:47
Anonymous

Music Girl, you're great. Thanks for your thorough and well-researched answer.

Anonymous (or Annoying muss as the case may be), you on the other hand are regrettably a condescending know-it-all and your mouth outstrips your brain. At least in this case, your superiority complex is remarkably unwarranted. You would do well to learn the difference between surmise and assume. One might reasonably surmise that "Run Through The Jungle"was about Vietnam, but the mere reasonableness of the idea doesn't make it a fact worth rubbing in peoples' faces in an attempt to make them feel stupid. (That's "people" written with a few more letters than you used.) For example, "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins really does sound like it could've been written about a drowning, rape, or (insert your favorite urban legend here), but sounding like a good story isn't enough to make it an encyclopedia entry. Similarly, "Gone With The Wind" wasn't about sailing or flatulence no matter how logical it might seem.

Tags
jungle, run