Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Albums, Songs and Concerts

Notices

Albums, Songs and Concerts Here we discuss our impression of CCR albums, songs and concerts, as well as the songs meaning

Old 15.05.2005, 13:06

Music Girl is infamous around these parts

Hey Green Kirby, you might have a very good point there! I never thought of that before. Very good point! I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 17.05.2005, 21:16

Green_Kirby is infamous around these parts
Send a message via ICQ to Green_Kirby

^_^; Eheheh, thanks! You too!
Old 19.05.2005, 10:22

Hey Green Kirby, how did you do that? That is very cute and cleaver! I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 19.05.2005, 18:58

Do you guys remeber when I was talking about this chacter named 'Gossimer Wump' (I found the correct spelling) Well, I founf an artical when John is talking about him.
Q: Who is Gossimer Wump and why is the Centerfield album deticated to him?
John Fogerty:"When I was a young kid, my brothers had a record called "The Adventures Of Gossimer Wump". Gossiemer Wump is a little kid who saw a parade comin down the road and thinks "Hey,this is what I want. I want to be a musician." Gossimer goes though all the intruments comin by and does not know how to decide what instrument he wants to play. Then,, at the end of the parade he sees the triangle and thinks "Yes, that is what I want to play." Determind to learn how to play the triangle, Gossimer takes his belongings and 26 peanut butter sandwiches and leaves for the big city. On his way he sings "jingle, jongle,jangle, ah'm goin to the big city to learn to play the triangle."
In the city, Gossimer starts taking lessons ans very soon he plays "tingle". After 10 years of courage,determination,and hard work Gossimer plays "tingle". No difference? At first sight no, but Gossimer, he can hear the difference.
This is what I like about this story. After 10 years in my garage, I played alone. They mabey don't hear the difference, but I do.
Gossimer stuck to his dream, and thats why I deticate this album to Gossimer Wump."
I have had this on my favorites for awhile and don't know where I found it. I think I did a google seach on John Fogerty and found this somewhere. This artical came from John Fogertys Rockin Swamp Mailing List.
Btw,it is true that at the meeting where they changed their name to CCR that this name "Gossimer Wump" was one of the suggestions. To me, it is a veri interesting story. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 14.07.2005, 15:40
Anonymous

Hey all

I am an english creedence clearwater revival fan of only 17 years of age!

I'm glad that there are people who still listen to real music out there (I.e anything from 60's, 70's & 80's)
rather than any of this so called 'modern music' nowadays. Everyone thinks my taste in music is far too old fashioned as they'd rather listen to pop!!!!

Do any of you think that Fortunate son is CCR's best song? or do you prefer up around the bend?

Have a good one

Dom
Old 14.07.2005, 20:02

Hi Dom! Welcome! Both songs are really awesome and I just cant choose! I am learning how to play Fortunate Son and it is even better when you know how to play it! My personal favorite Creedence song that has the most song that has the most meaning would have to be Smeday Never Comes since I relate to the song really well. The song I like to listen to the most would have to be Born On The Bayou. I dont have this song on cd but, I have 30 minutes of the Albert Hall concert and Born On The Bayou kicks it off. I am also tryin to learn how to play this song and Born On The Bayou is pure genious!!! Though, right now I dont have enough money to buy a cd. If I did I would save up for the box set and I would buy it at a used cd store because our family does not support the record lable Fantasy since the owner is an evil geedy pig who is very narrow minded and does not know what he has commin to him! Now I am getting carried away but I would prefer Fortunate Son on somedays and Up Around The Bend on some days. They are bolth rockin songs!!! I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 14.07.2005, 20:17

Oh ya I found the answer to my question that I had asked earlyer^ and John got his divorce in 1987 if I am correct. From what I know durring the Creedence days he moved out of his house and lived by himself. However, he was still married. Then I believe in 70's or 80's he moved back in with his wife but as we know it just didnt work out and they finally got a divorce in 1987. Later as we all know, he met Julie and then married again in 1991. I am pretty sure this story is true. I was surprised when I read it but it came from a reliable sorce. (The Creedence book Bad Moon Risin) Or at least I think it is reliable. This question has been asked here before so I though I would share it with you guys what I know since this is what this nice message board it for. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 15.07.2005, 15:14
Anonymous

Hey thanks for replying

Do you know anywhere that sells all the singles rather than the full albums because all my local music stores
never ever stock any rock n' roll?
By the way, when was fortunate son actually written?

Thanks

Have a good one

Dom
Old 15.07.2005, 23:05

Sorry Dom I dont know any place that sells just singles. But, I can answer your last question. I thought for a minute that it was writen in 68' or 69' but, good thing that I checked my facts because John said it was writen in 1970. I can post the interview if you want explianing this song. It is no trouble for me. Well, I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
Old 18.07.2005, 15:04
Anonymous

Could you please post the interview for me?

Thanks a lot, also do you know if Bad Moon Rising: An unofficial history is worth a read?

Have a good one and keep on rockin'

Dom

(I can't blame you for hating the fantasy label either..)

Tags
door, lookin'