Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Albums, Songs and Concerts

Notices

Albums, Songs and Concerts Here we discuss our impression of CCR albums, songs and concerts, as well as the songs meaning

Old 04.03.2006, 01:19
Jim_ITALY

I'm not sure of it, but If I remember well, CCR started their performance in Woodstock, playing 'Born on the bayou' and they also performed a 10 minutes version of the song 'Susie Q'.
Old 12.05.2006, 12:14

El Crab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel
what songs did they play at woodstock?
I have them down for 11 songs:

Born On the Bayou
Green River
Ninety-Nine and a Half (Just Won't Do)
Bootleg
Commotion
Bad Moon Rising
Proud Mary
I Put a Spell On You
The Night Time Is the Right Time
Keep On Chooglin'
Susie Q

I don't know if that's the full set, but those are the songs I do have and in that order.
Old 08.07.2007, 09:06

Forever-27 is on a distinguished road

Ive often wondered why CCR wasnt in the film or on the soundtrack. I have only spectulated that their set was so bad they refused to have it included. This is the reason The Grateful Dead, Santana and others didnt want to be in the woodstock film. A shame really since its the little things that make concerts memorable.
Old 24.09.2007, 07:23

Jim Colyer is on a distinguished road

CCR did not seem to fit at Woodstock. They were unique in so many ways. I had to convince my cousin recently that they were from the San Francisco area, not Louisiana.
Old 21.07.2008, 22:16

dutchccr is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Found it!

This is CCR's Woodstock Setlist:
  1. Born On The Bayou
  2. Green River
  3. Ninety-Nine And A Half (Won't Do)
  4. Commotion
  5. Bootleg
  6. Bad Moon Rising
  7. Proud Mary
  8. I Put A Spell On You
  9. Night Time Is The Right Time
  10. Keep On Chooglin'
  11. Suzy Q.
There is a bootleg with the complete setlist, and it's not hard to find on the internet! Just google and you'll find it...

Last edited by dutchccr; 21.03.2009 at 14:12.
Old 21.03.2009, 08:35

suttongott is on a distinguished road
Default Money

i saw a documentary that said Woodstock was originally conceived as a vehicle to promote creedence and the reason they weren't in the film or on the album was because they were upset that hendrix got paid and they didn't. i wonder if they still think they made the right decision? I would have done the same thing.

http://woodstock.wikia.com/wiki/Cree...rwater_Revival

Creedence Clearwater Revival's catchy music was one of the true hightlights of the whole festival. Though they started late in the night from Saturday to Sunday (around 12.30) their blend of R&B, Folk- and Country-Rock didn't fail to impress. However, John Fogerty complained that the long set of The Grateful Dead delayed their set so most of the audience went to bed when CCR performed in the middle of the night
  1. Born on the Bayou
  2. Green River
  3. Ninety-Nine and a Half (Won't Do)
  4. Commotion
  5. Bootleg
  6. Bad Moon Rising
  7. Proud Mary
  8. I Put a Spell on You
  9. The Night Time Is the Right Time
  10. Keep on Chooglin'
  11. Suzy Q
The setlist consists of material from their first three albums (the fourth album Willy and the Poor Boys was released in November 1969). There were no surprises, CCR chose only the hightlights. The performances are tight and upright. They rushed through "Green River", "Bad Moon Rising" and "Proud Mary" and left little room for improvisation. John Fogerty kept the tempo up and the band just followed him.
At the end they got a little bit more relaxed. The haunting "I Put a Spell on You" (written by Screamin' Jay Hawkins but nevertheless the opener on their self-titled debut album) hollows in the dark, followed by - the title says it all - "The Night Time Is the Right Time".
"Keep on Chooglin'", announced as their last number, includes a harmonica solo and lasts for over 9 minutes. The band then returned with the pretty "Suzy Q" as the encore and jammed for about 10 minutes before leaving the stage at Woodstock forever.
The Following User Says Thank You to suttongott For This Useful Post:
Michael (12.07.2009)
Old 30.06.2009, 16:41
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Confirmed, it was released in june, they have reinserted part of ccr's set in the new bluray version and it looks brandnew they really did a good job with the remastering

Last edited by nerdistmonk; 10.07.2009 at 04:57.
The Following User Says Thank You to nerdistmonk For This Useful Post:
Admin (12.07.2009)
Old 29.07.2009, 19:50

giaca is on a distinguished road

You can find full documentation here
http://beehivecandy.blogspot.com/200...woodstock.html
Old 22.10.2009, 01:05

oldmusic4 is on a distinguished road
Default ccr woodstock set

hey i found their list of songs here they arein order
1. Born On The Bayou
2. Green River
3. Ninety-Nine And A Half
4. Commotion
5. Bootleg
6. Bad Moon Rising
7. Proud Mary
8. I Put A spell On You
9. Night Time Is The Right Time
10. Keep On Chooglin'
11. Suzy Q
Old 12.11.2009, 22:26

Johnny Chicago is on a distinguished road

Here's my 5 minute review of their performance at Woodstock:

It's very difficult but also very easy to understand why CCR won't let their performance footage be used or seen some 40+ years after the event that some people have claimed was a pivotal moment for so many bands.

I have a bootleg of the performance - and must have been recorded off the soundboards or right onstage cause their sound is AWFULLY close - and to be honest, it wasn't one of their best.

I know i'm committing some kind of sacrilege here by knocking one of the greatest 60's & 70's bands of all time, but it has to be said. the music is rushed, even the long numbers, and John is constantly complaining throughout their set about some technical error that the rest of Woodstock must have heard.

By the way, their set clocks in at just under 45 minutes, and once again, their sound is very amateurish. Yes, they were pretty much rushed onstage after the usual 9-year long set by The Grateful Dead went over (big surprise), it was late at night, the hippie types were all partied out, and as can be heard on the bootleg, at least a few of The Great Unwashed clapped and cheered a bit after each song.

Now here is the setlist, according to my recording:
  1. Born on the Bayou
  2. Green River
  3. Ninety-Nine and a Half
  4. Bootleg
  5. Commotion
  6. Bad Moon Rising
  7. Proud Mary
  8. I Put a Spell on You
  9. The Night Time Is the Right Time
  10. Keep on Chooglin'
  11. Suzy Q (their encore song)
Now, given that they were given zero time to prepare, it was late, the crowd was mostly asleep, and John was upset about a lousy setup onstage, they still rocked the hell out of those dirty hippies.

The song choices were right, Suzy Q goes on for 9 minutes alone, and it seemed even after all of the stuff that went against them, they still soldiered on and played their hearts out. By the end of the set, the hipsters were wide awake and they can be heard screaming for more.

I give their performance 2 1/2 stars - not their best, not their worst.

Now John has remarked that he hated this concert, and would never let it be seen forever. As of late 2009, a few performances have leaked out, and of course I've got the bootleg, and you can too as it's easily attainable online pretty much anywhere.

It would be a real shame that those of us who'd like to hear the entire set, digitally remastered, or at least in better sound (my bootleg is pretty crappy to decent in spots, so don't expect much yourself) will probably never get that chance.

As Jimi Hendrix's entire Woodstock appearance still hasn't been put out there, CCR's is much more overlooked as it doesn't exist anywhere (except illegally) and John & Co. are still alive and can rectifiy their error and put it out there...

Even if it's not the best of them, it's still CCR at Woodstock, doing the best that they can.

Thanks for reading.

Tags
woodstock