View Single Post

Old 08.12.2012, 09:39

BeauJames is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie josh View Post
this great ccr song was played for my brother cameron at his funeral who passed away at the age of 27 last year

it cuts deep when i here it now
My favorite CCR song. Reminds me of my beloved uncle who I lost i August at the age of 60 after a long battle with heart and kidney failure. He was 18 years older than me, never had any children, and I grew up spending weekends at he and my aunt's house. He was always playing his records of CCR and his type music while I always liked my stupid 80's pop crap. A lot of big things going on in my life now, big promotion at work, my daughter graduates from nursing school next weekend and my son is headed off to college in January. He was very proud of me and my children and us of him. We had a special bond. This will be 1st holidays without him and with all the big things happening for my little family i can't help but think of him and wish he were here to share the happy times with. It seems like every time I get in my car the last week or so this song has been playing and I know it is him letting me know even though he is no longer with us in the flesh he is still here with us. I can't not listen to the song play but I also cant not cry when I hear it. Have had to go in to work twice in the past 2 or 3 days teary eyed because it was playing as I drove up to work. James was my uncle. When I was a kid he had a limited edition Chevy Silverado called Beau James. He was so proud of that truck and I thought it was so neat a truck was named after him lol. I miss you every day, James. Thanks for letting me know you are still with us for these big things in our lives by reminding me with this beautiful song from CCR. I'll miss you every day for the rest of my life.