View Single Post

Old 29.10.2010, 11:14
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Corvette View Post
The 20K remasters are complete *!@&. The sound is so compressed that the vocals distort. Fantasy really outdid themselves on this reissue. Can they trash CCR anymore - YES!
Well sounds to me your sound system is setup wrong, as the 20kbit remasters have even more depth than the anniversery version. (Espically "The Concert" which is the best version they have managed)

I cannot stand the newest version, The cassette versions of CCR contain the best cuts ive heard, but due to tape turning into dust extremely fast, thats moot. (the vinyl version is good too, but too much hiss/scratch and pop not too mention wear)

I got all the albums on their original CD releases, im satisfied with these. I dont need no new re-re-releases of any of the albums.

I have even got to listen to the DCC Gold disc versions (which are a snore-fest, seriously how do you make a mix thats weaker than a vinyl!)

----------------------------------------------

As for Stu Cook's concerns, good for him, all the outtake cutting room floor stuff should have been a seperate release.
CD's and DVD's in general piss me off because of the gimmicky extras they throw in to get you to buy it for the 23rd time.
CD's should have kept coming in the large box cases like they did in 1982, thats why I always like vinyl, you get your moneys worth, theres weight to it,
large artwork, etc, and not mention opening Pendulum and seeing that large photo of fogerty waving the crowd off is worth it just to hang on the wall.