View Single Post

Old 19.04.2010, 02:48
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by penthouse pauper View Post
Yes, use the proper acronym! You are doing a disservice to John Fogerty and the good name of Creedence Clearwater Revival. Nevertheless, it's great that you enjoyed CCrevisted concert. However, in my case I wouldn't go across the street to see them. I would like to meet Stu Cook and Doug Clifford, but I think their sound is crappy as compared to when they were under the tut-ledge and leadership of John Fogerty.

pp

I think my signature says it all

I think they are cool, they didnt do nothing wrong to begin with, remember none of them knew nothing of show business until CCR, so when the time came and john fogerty caused WWII to happen, they had the spotlight on them, they had to choose between:

A) Listen to John (their friendship was strained due to JCF's Ultimatum) who says fantasy ripped them off, even though he accepted the contract and was legally obliged.

B) Listen to fantasy, their employer and keep a healthy career and not bite the hand that feeds them (albeit very little).

Ironically enough when fantasy became concord, they paid john fogerty his missing money as a sign of good faith. The only thing that wasnt quite right was the whole "Old man Down the road" incident, which wasnt doug cliffords fault, he was joking and saul zaentz took it literally (Which saul was rightfully pissed considering fogerty's mutiny during CCR)

Those two guys are doing what they love, however, much like a pair of plaid pants, the bald guy is still a huge mistake though.