View Single Post

Old 21.04.2010, 00:45
Super Moderator

nerdistmonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyeur View Post
Well, I'm not sure if Clifford was joking or not, but Stu Cook certainly wasn't joking when he talked to the press about how "Old Man Down the Road" was a rip off of "Run Through the Jungle" (according to that Hank Bordowitz book).

Fogerty has done a lot of things wrong, but the plagiarism suit would become the most absurd lawsuit in music history...and his old band mate's support of the label's position was flat-out wrong.

There really is no black and white in the history of Creedence and the relationship between John and the fellas. Nobody's completely clean.

What needs to happen is all these guys need to just SUCK IT UP,
They need to go salvage their friendship, they were friends for the longest time and split ways over stupid financial arguments.

I have gotten angry at my friends, enough to not be friends, but it always ends up being fixed. I dont see anything severe enough to never be friends again. Yes fantasy ripped fogerty (and the boys) off, they have been payed back, so what if they didnt get to play at the hall of fame induction, if they dont become friends they will NEVER play together, maybe they should have thought about it back then and apologized ahead of time before the induction happened.

What I see here is 4 guys (make that 3) guys who were the best of friends and now fame and fortunes have destroyed them all, That fortune teller John Fogerty visited was correct. "Tombstone Shadow" was more right then he knew, it wasnt about his death, it was about the death of a friendship and their careers.

--The nerdistmonk