View Single Post

Old 28.10.2005, 00:22
Threadstarter Threadstarter

becca_d is infamous around these parts

You know, I listened to the Blue Moon Swamp album the other day, and I must say, I not only like it, I REALLY like it. John really did a good job on this! It get's better for each time I hear it. First time I heard it I was somewhat disappointed, because I wanted it to sound like Creedence. But of course that was a little silly of me! So if I didn't sound very enthusiastic about it earlier, that's maybe why. It sounds very fun to just play baseball with your friends! I have never heard the sound of a viola, I wish I had.... I can only imagine how it sounds. Well, that was an interesting question! Hmm.... I think "Someday never comes" by John is one hell of a song! Very honest, and a little painful to listen to. He wrote about his breakup with his wife, and how bad he felt about leaving his son just like his father had left him, you know. His other three songs on this album are also good, but I don't really feel that they are GREAT. Something is missing about them, don't know what it is. Over to Doug's songs: I actully think that he did a pretty decent try on "Tearing up the country", but his other two songs sounds a bit "flat". I'm sorry Doug.... And Stu's songs: well, I just don't like his voice! In a way I think that his lyrics were more interesting than Doug's, but I can't say that I'm to crazy about them either. I'm really sorry Stu, because you're bassplaying is excellent! Well, what do you think?