View Single Post

Old 28.10.2005, 15:34
Threadstarter Threadstarter

becca_d is infamous around these parts

It is very sad to hear that your relationship with your dad is not so good. I understand how this song must move you, it moves me, and I have a very good relationship with my parents, and they are still together after 25 years. So for you who have actually experienced this, it must really tear you apart to hear it. I'm really sorry about you dad! Well, I also think "Sweet Hitch Hiker" is a really good song, if not the VERY best of Creedence. I was thinking mostly of "Mary-Lou" when I said that something was missing, because that song should be dynamite, but to me it isn't. I really don't know why I feel this way. I have to be honest, I can't stand "Door to door"! Creedence would not have made it if Stu was the singer, but he tears up the bass, though! No, no, that's not a dumb question at all, it is actually a very interesting question!
"John and his flannel shirts". It has almost become a clich?! In the heydays of Creedence, everyone was so suprised that he wore flannel shirts, because that wasn't very "in" then, it was sort of "hillbilly", if I am not mistaken. But John never cared much for fashion, and did things his way. I really admire that "I do what I want, and if you don't like it, well, that's you're problem" -attitude! I think he looked REALLY good in those flannel shirts, I agree with you on that! What do you think of the "Pendelum" album?