View Single Post

Old 01.11.2005, 22:51
Threadstarter Threadstarter

becca_d is infamous around these parts

Hi there! I found the pics, but I didn't look at all of them, since there were so many. I wish I could hear some of their music, and find out what it's like. But when you're stuck in Lodi.... Well, sooner or later I'll stumble across it! You know "Looking out my backdoor"? Isn't that a GREAT tune? I think it is! The lyrics are pretty interesting, don't you think? "There's giants turning cartwheels, statues wearing high heels, look at all the happy creatures dancing on my lawn" (I heard of someone who thought it was "look at all the happy preachers dancing all alone", he, he...). First time I heard it, I thought for sure it was about drugs. It didn't suprise me, for it seems like everyone was on some sort of drug back then. It wasn't until later that I learned that John and the rest of the band was pretty anti-drug (although John admitted he had been experimenting with pot a couple of times), and that he actually wrote it for his son who was 4 years old at the time. So it is a childs song. I must be at bit childish.... Everyone thought "The flying spoon" was the spoon junkies used to melt drugs to make it liquid so it could be injected, but Doug said it was "the silverspoon given to you when you are born, usually by Grandma, that you use to put babyfood all over the room". The line "won't you take a ride on the flying spoon" made very vivid pictures in my head after I heard that, he, he....