View Single Post

Old 03.11.2005, 21:19
Threadstarter Threadstarter

becca_d is infamous around these parts

Jimi Hendrix is really good! It's just unbelievable what sounds he could get out of that guitar, and his singing was also great. Yeah, I know, he did some really freaky things which I personally could have done without, but his music was great, though! I think it was at the Monterey Festival that The Who and Jimi Hendrix tried to sort of outdo each other in crazy behaviour on stage. So when The Who smashed the guitar, Jimi Hendrix smashed the guitar AND lit it on fire.... No, I didn't know that they were boyfriend and girlfriend. It is so sad that they wasted their lives like that, taking drugs, and eventually died of an overdose. Really just terrible. I think the songs you mentioned by Bob Dylan are very fine songs! On the first DVD Jimi Hendrix made a version of Like A Rolling Stone that I think was outstanding. Now I've seen the other DVD, and there were two performances of Led Zeppelin from 1969, "How Many More Times" and "Dazed And Confused". I really liked it! Robert Plant seems to have been very influenced by the blues in the beginning of their career, and the blues was very appearent in these two songs, and in his voice. And you know how much I love the blues. So maybe I should check out their first album, if I can find it. I hope you have a nice day to!