View Single Post

Old 05.11.2005, 16:34
Threadstarter Threadstarter

becca_d is infamous around these parts

Yeah, Jimi Hendrix is a great guitarist! Well, according to what I have read about him, he was very influenced by blues performers like Howlin' Wolf and Muddy Waters (and his first musical hero was Elvis!), and to me a lot of his music IS blues. Sometimes blues is just a feeling, and I get that feeling when I listen to his music. It's in his voice, also. But of course he rocks to, and I love that! I haven't heard enough of his songs to make up an opinion about what's my favoritesong yet. But when I have got some cd's with him, I'll tell you! Oh, it was sad that you couldn't get the box-set! What Creedence-cd was it your friend gave you (you have a very nice friend, by the way!)? Ya, I know, "Wrote A Song For Everyone" is maybe my absolute favoritesong with Creedence. I love it so unbelievably much. What do you think of the lyrics? It's about not being able to communicate with the people you care about, but to me it feels like John is critizing the conscription to Vietnam and the racial segregation as well. What do you think?