View Single Post

Old 11.10.2007, 22:57

Spellcaster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Spellcaster Send a message via Yahoo to Spellcaster
Default CCR vs. all the other top classic rock groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Lou View Post
Oh, it's so subjective! On Fogerty forum there was a thread "Which group is better, Creedence C. R. or the Beatles?", something of that sort... Of course the folks made the conclusion that CREEDENCE is better! Because it was FOGERTY-dedicated forum! :-)
All things and events are neither good no bad. They are nothing. It's people who give them meanings!
I don't know whether there was any competition. But I DO like the Beatles and DON'T like Hendrix at all in spite of his personal charisma. And for me Creedence is the best band ever!

I like a group that has a variety of sounds. Not just the same kinda sound on every album. The Beatles had different types of sounds. They had their early 60s sound, then they started changing after '65 and so on.

The Rolling Stones however always sounded the same. I tried very hard to listen to all of 40 Licks. I couldn't. There was just something similiar to every song, that by the 3rd song on the 2nd CD, I pushed stop. There was no real variety in tune. So between those 2, The Beatles are better.
A few songs sounded a lil different....like say...Paint It Black for example.

The Doors. There are a lot of people who like The Doors. I'm not too crazy about them. It's the DOORS sound, it doesn't hit home with me. It's that one instrument that turns me off..the organ, piano, whatever it is, I just get turned off by it. Like in LIGHT MY FIRE. The lyrics are good though. Some songs I like, Roadhouse Blues, L.A. Woman, Cars Pass By My Window, etc. But in general, I'm no Doors fan.

But, as of late, I'm SERIOUSLY getting into CCR. CCR has variety. They can play bluesy rock, they can play straight rock, they can play folk, they can play soul-drivin rock and roll, they had variety. As far as I'm concerned, they should be up there with The Beatles, not the Stones.

As for Jimi Hendrix, he's a good guitarist, he can make a guitar sound like it's wailing waterfalls of tears...in his more bluesier songs. But, at times, he does get carried away, and that's when I change to another song.