View Single Post

Old 18.12.2005, 18:50
Anonymous

Hi becca

Yes BC is British Columbia, on the west coast of Canada. I live in the City of Victoria on Vancouver Island. (for your security you may want to keep your location private)
I love the Canadian west coast, lots to do, especially if you like the outdoors. What Canadian town was your Dad from? Is your Dad still a CCR fan too ?

The late 50s and 60s is when rock ect really took flight, so much variety, everything was new.
When I was growing up (60s and 70s) there were still lots good old barn parties, songs like Up around the Bend and Down on the Corner were part of the lifestyle, and yes (CCR) makes me want to jump around.

Hendrix was in a class of his own.They use to say Hendrix could make his guitar talk. (Red House) (All Along the Watch Tower),writen by Dylan) and (Electric Church) As far as great guitar goes, blues is king with me.

Stevie Ray Vaughan is one of my all time favs, I first loved his guitar work and grew to love his voice
(Tin Pan Alley) (Life by the Drop) and (Little Wing, writen by Hendrix)
Stevie had great respect for and gave his credit to the old blues heros that came before him.

Music seems to be going off in a different direction...
I still like the odd newish tune, like,Green Day (Time of Your Life) and Creed (One Last Breath) .
And...Tori Amos, (China) (Winter) and (Crucify).
ect ect.
BT