View Single Post

Old 20.12.2005, 03:06
Anonymous

Hi, I have relataves in Sask too, I have never been there either. If you ever do go to Sask maybe try to take your flight to Vancouver and go by train, bus or drive to Sask it will take you through the BC Rocky Mountains. Also, If you can, take a Sunshine Coast tour on BC Ferries.(from Vancouver) Bring lots of memory or film for your camera. It would add a week and a fare chunk of $ to your trip but you would see so much.

My choice for the best collections of Hendrix are "The Ultimate Experiece" and Hendrix "Blues"
Lots of songs and variety, the "Blues" is a absolute must have, some live stuff that shows that Hendrix will
always king of electrc blues.

I'm not too crazy about the Deja vu, album I like the song "Wicked Old Witch" though.
My personal opinion is CCR was CCR, John Fogerty was the heart of CCR but not the whole.
I'm not saying John didn't do some new great things on his own, I just like CCR better.
I think the music I have heard by John Fogerty after CCR sounds too rehearsed ("studio").
To me CCR sounds live, right now in front of you.
CCR is blues from the core, and for me blues need to sound live.

Another band that I still love, they were a big part of my music wourld as a teenager.
They had a bad rep for "sick" stage props and some nasty lyrics and songs, but
have great sound and many great songs. Alice Cooper
Songs like "I'm Eighteen" "No More Mr Nice Guy" " Hello Hooray" " Teenage Lament 74" and
of course " School's Out"
They never had the clean image CCR had, but they did put feeling into their music. BT

PS, Hendrix "Blues" the cover has a colauge of Hendrix pics that makes a profile of his face.