View Single Post

Old 18.07.2009, 00:59

hitbit is on a distinguished road
Default Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_d View Post
My Dad comes from a small town just outside of Prince Albert in Saskatchewan. I really wanna go there someday! I think I have some relatives in BC too, but I have never met them. Well, I am more of a Creedence-fan than my Dad, although he likes some of their music. He is really into country, so he likes Bad Moon Rising and Cotton Fields and songs like that. Barn parties... Wow, that sounded like fun! Up around the bend is a great song to listen while driving (I have actually never tried it, but I imagine it is). Hendrix was an extraordinary guitarist, I agree with those who said he could make his guitar talk! I have seen some performances by him, Purple Haze, Woodoo Chile, Foxy Lady and a beautiful version of Like a rolling stone, but I haven't got any cd's with him yet, but maybe I get some for christmas.... Jimi Hendrix took blues and pumped it up on steroids, it's blues he's playing, really. I am very fond of the blues, and I like a lot of the old bluessingers, like Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, and Sonny Boyd Williamson. Whatever I listen to, is somehow linked to the blues. I think a lot of Creedence's music is quite bluesy too, like Penthouse Pauper, Graveyard Train (great song), and I put a spell on you. Have you heard John Fogerty's "D?j? vu all over again". I haven't, and I just wondered if it was worth buying, 'cause I've read some reviews of it, and they weren't all that positive. What do you think?
If your Dad's into country he will love John's solo stuff. Its excellent.

hitbit