View Single Post

Old 22.12.2004, 12:15
Anonymous

I often wonder that myself, e.g., had John kept his brother a little more involved (creatively) as opposed to taking over the band entirely and pushing him (Tom) to the back. But hey, we must acknowledge that Creedence IS John Fogerty and that there is no band (or success) without him. John wrote, sang, produced...all of it. Had Stu, Doug, and Tom suddenly left the band (for whatever reason) John need only hire three more competent instrument players and the band would go on. But if John were suddenly gone there would be no CCR. Could you imagine the members of the Elvis band trying to tour and continue following the loss of the King? Same for the Doors, Marvin Gay, Joplin, and others that were the sole reason their bands existed. CCRRV is making such an attempt. I wish them luck (everyone's gotta put bread on the table) but I wouldn't walk across the street for a free front row seat. Same for the never ending parade of Elvis impersonators out there...at best a cerious curious distraction.