View Single Post

Old 21.01.2007, 20:05

penthouse pauper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZCCRfan View Post
Hey all I am new to this forum and I enjoy CCR listen to it as much as possible I grew up with it because my parents would play it alot and have learnt to like it.
Does anyone know when CCR is coming to New Zealand next? last time they were here was back in 2003 down in Wanaka but missed it would love to see it.
Cheers
Jason.
Hi Jason: Creedence Clearwater Revvial split up in 1972, so they no longer exist. There are two former members performing under the guise, calling themselves Creedence Clearwater Revisited. These two fellows, namely Doug Clifford and Stu Cook were part of the rhythm section of the oringinal Creedence Clearwater Revival. John Fogerty the lead singer and the person who wrote pretty well all of their hits and arranged and produced all of their albums and was the undisputed leader of Creedence Clearwater Revival doesn't play with his former members. He is a stand alone performer who uses muscians of his choice. Whether John Fogerty ever visits New Zealand, I'm not sure. If he does he would be well worth going to see. Myself, I wouldn't go across the street to see revisited. But of course it's your choice if they do play in your area. I hope this clears up some things for you? You could read my other post that is in the general section, too!

pp