Creedence Online Forum

Creedence Online Forum (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/index.php)
-   Albums, Songs and Concerts (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Instrumental Song from early album (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=717)

bizeditor84 20.09.2009 12:47

Instrumental Song from early album

Hey CCR Experts!

If you have the original vinyl albums ... it has been driving me crazy ... I remember listening (in or around 1973) to a CCR album that contained an instrumental that was rather slow, just 3 minutes long or so, between other songs on the album. I thought it was on Green River, but I don't have the vinyl album to see.

If you have the vinyl CCR albums before 1975, could you check to see if there are some instrumentals on them, and let me know their names?

I've checked discographies, but am not 100% sure whether this instrumental was perhaps a bonus or unlisted track on the vinyl that didn't make it onto the CDs.

It was not a fast or uptempo song ... it was more melodic and a bit repetitive.

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions you might have!

dutchccr 20.09.2009 22:27

The instrumental tracks on the regular studio albums are:
Poorboy Shuffle, Side O' The Road (Willy & The Poorboys, 1969)
Rude Awakening #2 (Pendulum, 1970)

Green River didn't have any instrumentals and I don't know about songs that were issued on vinyl and didn't make it to CD.
In 2008 Fantasy released 3 new instrumentals as bonus tracks:
Crazy Otto (Bayou Country, March 1969 live at the Fillmore West, it was spread on a bootleg before though.)
Glory Be, Broken Spoke Shuffle (Green River, never issued before)

nerdistmonk 22.09.2009 09:51

The vinyls are identical to the cd´s, theres no difference other than bigger album art, theres no instrumentals on GR.

zandurian 13.04.2011 15:30

Driving me nuts!

There [I]was[/I] an instrumental song on a CCR album which was slowish and melodic with a beautiful mellow lead solo.

Like others I have had no luck finding it online. I listened to every cut Creedence has on itunes. This guy described it perfectly on another thread:
[quote=Anonymous;1136]Hello, sorry to bother you.

I cannot find this song, but I swear there was an all-instrumental song by CCR that came out before 1975 or so. Not a fast song, it had a kinda repetitive riff, but I thought it was great ... yet never got the name (a friend played the album at his house). Heard it on the radio once or twice since then, but never back announced.

It might have been an intro track to some other song, but it was about 2 or 3 minutes long. It was not a 16 bar blues, it had a more emotive sound.

Any thoughts? I'm hoping a real CCR guru will know what I mean. Thanks!

T S in Phoenix[/quote]

I really would love to hear that song again.

I'm wondering now if it is tacked on to the end of a song which has lyrics and only seemed like a separate song? If so it does not resemble the song it was attached to. Also - I think it was the last song on the record. :(

nerdistmonk 14.04.2011 06:44

Rude Awakening #2 is the last track on the Pendulum Album, it is an instrumental, however it doesnt stay very "slow beat" for long, as it goes from happy melody to audio oddity...

CCR was gone in 1972, so theres no other albums after that

bizeditor84 15.04.2011 09:31

Zandurian and I are both driven nuts

Zandurian! I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that tune! I'm really surprised the many great CCR fans don't remember this one -- maybe you and I are "too old" ;-)

T S in Phoenix

zandurian 16.04.2011 03:49

[quote=bizeditor84;4036]Zandurian! I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that tune! I'm really surprised the many great CCR fans don't remember this one -- maybe you and I are "too old" ;-)

T S in Phoenix[/quote]

I'm glad I'M not the only who thinks they remembered that song. I have a guy here in the studio who thinks he may have heard it on a western movie after I played a couple of measures that I remembered for him.

zandurian 16.04.2011 05:07

[quote=nerdistmonk;4035]Rude Awakening #2 is the last track on the Pendulum Album, it is an instrumental, however it doesnt stay very "slow beat" for long, as it goes from happy melody to audio oddity...

[/quote]

The tune in question is steady from start to finish and repeats the same progression over and over.

I'm hoping if it IS attached to another song someone who [I]is[/I] an expert may be alerted by my description.

Can I post mp3s on here? I should probably record and excerpt of the basic rhythm track as I remember it. My band played in in my eighth grade talent show in '72 and that's why I remember it so well.

bizeditor84 16.04.2011 20:37

Post your mp3 on this shared system

Zandurian,

It looks like there is a way to attach files here on this website, but I haven't tried it. At the bottom of a Reply there is the option of attaching.

If that doesn't work, then ...
I found and tried this website this morning:

[url]http://www.4shared.com/[/url]

It is super easy to upload a file there -- you create an account first, but it is free and easy to do.

Then you upload the file. You will be given a URL that you can then post back here and people can go and hear the mp3.

I would like to hear your mp3 and see if it is the same song that we've been discussing.

Give it try. or if you want, send it to me at bizeditor84 AT hotmail.com and I can listen or post it or both, whatever works for you.

zandurian 18.04.2011 13:46

[quote=bizeditor84;4039]send it to me at bizeditor84 AT hotmail.com and I can listen or post it or both, whatever works for you.[/quote]I sent a snippit to your email but it's the wrong song. The more I thought about it I realized the description I have been giving here is of a tune we wrote and played along with the Creedence song.

The song is coming back to me now. I'll get it recorded and send it to you and it will solve this deal.