Creedence Online Forum

Creedence Online Forum (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/index.php)
-   Albums, Songs and Concerts (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How do John and Revisited are currently getting on (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98)

Anonymous 17.01.2004 00:51

I ask ?cause -as many- I wonder if it would be the time to come back to do gigs together, if they see the success of others bands of the time. Do anyone around Fogerty notice how impressing would be an original Creedence Clearwater Revival's -despite Tom?s absence- Tour for a summer? Or it?s just he cannot see the other guys anymore? Anyone knows? I remembered to hear around Tom?s death years that John said since then, it would not be CCR comeback anymore without Tom (or it?s maybe just rumorology).

Jos?

Anonymous 25.01.2004 07:30

AS HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS MY BUDDY AND I WERE WILD ABOUT CCR. WE WORE FLANNEL SHIRTS TO SCHOOL , WHICH WE PROUDLY REFERRED TO AS OUR "JOHN C. FOGERTY" SHIRTS. IT WAS SILLY BUT WE WERE KIDS AND ENTITLED TO OUR TEENAGE PASSIONS. IN THE SPRING OF '72 WE MADE IT TO LINCOLN, NEBRASKA FOR A CCR CONCERT AT PERSHING HALL AND THOUGHT WE WERE IN HEAVEN.

AS MAJOR FANS, IT WAS NATURAL THAT WE FORMED IMAGES OF WHAT THE MEMBERS OF THE BAND WERE LIKE. TO US, THEY WERE TALENTED, OF COURSE, BUT ALSO HONEST, GENUINE, AND LOYAL, TO EACH OTHER AND TO THEIR VISION. FOR THIS REASON, IT WAS VERY DISAPPOINTING TO SEE AN INTERVIEW WITH JCF ON TV A FEW YEARS AGO. HE SAID, IN SUBSTANCE, THAT THERE NEVER WAS A "CCR"; HE SUPPLIED ALL OF THE TALENT AND WAS THE ENTIRE BAND. BESIDES SOUNDING INSANELY EGOTISTICAL, SOMETHING I EXPERIENCED A FEW YEARS AFTER THE BREAK UP OF THE BAND LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT EVEN FOGERTY DID NOT FULLY UNDERSTAND THE SOUND OF HIS OWN BAND. I HEARD ON A RADIO STATION A VERSION OF THE OLD COUNTRY SONG "YOU LOAD 16 TONS", AND SAID TO MY ROOMMATE, THAT HAS TO BE CCR WITHOUT THE JCF VOCAL AND GUITAR. SURE ENOUGH, WHEN I BOUGHT THE RECORD AT THE LOCAL STORE, IT WAS MADE BY STU COOK AND DOUG CLIFFORD, YET IT HAD THE CCR SOUND.

Prisoner of the Porch 05.02.2004 04:08

It will not happen. Too much bad blood exists. Also if they wanted to do an album I believe Fantasy would have the right to have it on their label and John would never go back to Fantasy again. He would rather record for the devil.

Anonymous 07.02.2004 04:37

I think you're right, from what I could understood and read, but no need to record for the devil, just for us will be fine. LOL And like many others, I'm waiting for the new John's one, as I'm glad to have found just recently that he 's still on the run (the concert is a top one, and allows me for the first time to see him. I was a bit young in the 70 th and in France... ) I've a lot of things to learn and will do my best to go and see him if he 'll tour in Europe.
Brigitte from France

fish 21.04.2004 10:43

Look Dammit! Why is it so hard for some of you people to realize that John did in fact teach these guys a whole shit load of stuff that they needed to learn in order to make the sound the way John wanted it too be! That includes showing Stu (asshole cook) what to play on the bass! prior to creedence it was the golliwogs and tom's band have any of you heard that material??? it sucked and if John hadnt taken over they never would have made it period! **** ccr'v all they have done is latch onto John's songs for a go around on the money wheel.

Anonymous 22.05.2004 13:43

Right you are, fish....but we'd all love a perfect world; one where band members must realize the need for one alpha-male, and the need for a competent support system...the total would be more than the sum of the parts, and then I'd feel young again, listening to my all time favorite band---CCR.