Creedence Online Forum

Creedence Online Forum (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/index.php)
-   Albums, Songs and Concerts (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Will there ever be a concert of CCR again ? (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=113)

Anonymous 06.03.2004 10:53

Will there ever be a concert of CCR again ?

Anonymous 10.03.2004 23:45

No! I think it is unlikely, for John doesn't speak to Stu & Doug anymore. There is a lot of bad blood between them.

Anonymous 11.03.2004 05:17

I for one would love to see one last reunion performance...and i think John and Tom would too, they are just to hard nosed to admit it... wow wha a performance that would be

George
Vancouver,Canada

Anonymous 12.03.2004 01:16

Tom passed away a few years ago so an "authentic" CCR concert would be impossible. Also no mortal arena would have the capacity to accomodate John's head (ego) which also helps explain why he simply cannot make peace with his old band mates before they shuffle off.

Anonymous 12.03.2004 01:18

Tom passed away a few years ago so an "authentic" CCR concert would be impossible. Also no mortal arena would have the capacity to accomodate John's head (ego) which also helps explain why he simply cannot make peace with his old band mates before they shuffle off.

Anonymous 17.03.2004 23:06

I heard there was going to be a concert on the south side of Atlanta in the early fall of 2004.

Prisoner of the Porch 18.03.2004 01:14

That would be CCRv, not CCR. As far as John's ego is concerned it is not all one-sided. One could say that Stu & Doug have big egos too. I have heard them say many times they are the body & soul of Creedence, while Fogerty was the voice. John wrote all the songs, sang them & even arranged them. He created the sound & they helped play it. CCRv is not Creedence. Stu & Doug perform in a tribute band no more. It would be the same if Ringo toured as the Beatles revisted. At least he sang & wrote some songs in the group.

John is very hard-hearted or hard-headed and he seems unwilling to forgive. Yet this feud goes back to when Centerfield came out and Stu, Doug & Tom all panned it. It was sour grapes for it was a great album. Then Doug suggested to Saul Zaentz, owner of Fantasy Records & the CCR songs that Old Man Down the Road sounded like Run Through The Jungle. It lead to a lawsuit for self-copyright, which John won. John has never forgiven Doug for this and that is why CCR will never reunite in this lifetime.

Fish 13.09.2005 22:33

They are all Nuts for not burying the past and reuniting! Now that John has signed with Fantasy records again after 31 years of bitterness! Now would be the perfect time to resolve the bitterness that stands between the three surviving members. A CCR reunion would be bigger than anything that any of these guy's including John can do solo!