Creedence Online Forum

Creedence Online Forum (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/index.php)
-   Main (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Creedence Revisited Concert - Palm Coast FL (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=796)

Arisin Wind 11.04.2010 22:59

Creedence Revisited Concert - Palm Coast FL

Went to the Rock'n Ribfest in Palm Coast Florida yesterday and it was perfect. The weather was great. Not too cool not to warm. Sunny, with an ocean breeze. The venue was a very city park. Lots of small ponds and open areas very nicely kept up. The food was outstanding. Ribs, sausage, chicken and turkey legs all cooked over open fires. And the music couldn't have been better.

We got there early in the afternoon and enjoyed some of the lesser known bands who were really very good. There was a young guitarist there Ben Robinson who really had the crowd mesmerized. His band was him, a bassist and drummer. Lean and clean. Bluesy with RnR.

CCR was in outstanding form. The crowd was 7,500-10,000 and they were there to hear CCR. We picked our spot next to the soundboard and the sound was at it's usual best. The crowd was on it's feet by the middle of Born on the Bayou and stayed there. People were dancing and really having a good time. Around the middle of the concert I made my way to the front and snapped some pictures. I noticed there were a lot of parents with younger kids up front. A kid about 6-7 years old ran on stage to snatch a guitar pick when CCR left the stage before their encore. The band handed out a lot of picks to the kids. As either Stu or Cosmo mentioned it appears there are four generations of CCR fans at the concerts now.

I picked up a new CCR T-shirt. After 10 years I thought it was time to retire the shirt with Elliot Easton on it. My daughter picked up a CCR hat which she claims is cooler than my CCR bandanna.

All in all it was a great day. We didn't get home until 1 AM and the music was still ringing in our ears. Great food, great venue, great music.

nerdistmonk 13.04.2010 05:18

Thats awesome, but please use CCRev. CCRev isnt bad, but they cant ever fill the shoes of CCR (The bald guy is 75% of the reason why lol)

Voyeur 13.04.2010 09:20

[QUOTE=nerdistmonk;3542]Thats awesome, but please use CCRev. CCRev isnt bad, but they cant ever fill the shoes of CCR (The bald guy is 75% of the reason why lol)[/QUOTE]
LOL...I hate to say it, but I can't even look at the guy. It's just weird seeing this huge bald guy singing the Creedence classics.

penthouse pauper 18.04.2010 01:14

Yes, use the proper acronym! You are doing a disservice to John Fogerty and the good name of Creedence Clearwater Revival. Nevertheless, it's great that you enjoyed CCrevisted concert. However, in my case I wouldn't go across the street to see them. I would like to meet Stu Cook and Doug Clifford, but I think their sound is crappy as compared to when they were under the tut-ledge and leadership of John Fogerty.

pp

nerdistmonk 19.04.2010 02:48

[quote=penthouse pauper;3548]Yes, use the proper acronym! You are doing a disservice to John Fogerty and the good name of Creedence Clearwater Revival. Nevertheless, it's great that you enjoyed CCrevisted concert. However, in my case I wouldn't go across the street to see them. I would like to meet Stu Cook and Doug Clifford, but I think their sound is crappy as compared to when they were under the tut-ledge and leadership of John Fogerty.

pp[/quote]

I think my signature says it all ;)

I think they are cool, they didnt do nothing wrong to begin with, remember none of them knew nothing of show business until CCR, so when the time came and john fogerty caused WWII to happen, they had the spotlight on them, they had to choose between:

A) Listen to John (their friendship was strained due to JCF's Ultimatum) who says fantasy ripped them off, even though he accepted the contract and was legally obliged.

B) Listen to fantasy, their employer and keep a healthy career and not bite the hand that feeds them (albeit very little).

Ironically enough when fantasy became concord, they paid john fogerty his missing money as a sign of good faith. The only thing that wasnt quite right was the whole "Old man Down the road" incident, which wasnt doug cliffords fault, he was joking and saul zaentz took it literally (Which saul was rightfully pissed considering fogerty's mutiny during CCR)

Those two guys are doing what they love, however, much like a pair of plaid pants, the bald guy is still a huge mistake though.

Voyeur 19.04.2010 06:49

Well, I'm not sure if Clifford was joking or not, but Stu Cook certainly wasn't joking when he talked to the press about how "Old Man Down the Road" was a rip off of "Run Through the Jungle" (according to that Hank Bordowitz book).

Fogerty has done a lot of things wrong, but the plagiarism suit would become the most absurd lawsuit in music history...and his old band mate's support of the label's position was flat-out wrong.

There really is no black and white in the history of Creedence and the relationship between John and the fellas. Nobody's completely clean.

nerdistmonk 21.04.2010 00:45

[quote=Voyeur;3551]Well, I'm not sure if Clifford was joking or not, but Stu Cook certainly wasn't joking when he talked to the press about how "Old Man Down the Road" was a rip off of "Run Through the Jungle" (according to that Hank Bordowitz book).

Fogerty has done a lot of things wrong, but the plagiarism suit would become the most absurd lawsuit in music history...and his old band mate's support of the label's position was flat-out wrong.

There really is no black and white in the history of Creedence and the relationship between John and the fellas. Nobody's completely clean.[/quote]

What needs to happen is all these guys need to just SUCK IT UP, :(
They need to go salvage their friendship, they were friends for the longest time and split ways over stupid financial arguments.

I have gotten angry at my friends, enough to not be friends, but it always ends up being fixed. I dont see anything severe enough to never be friends again. Yes fantasy ripped fogerty (and the boys) off, they have been payed back, so what if they didnt get to play at the hall of fame induction, if they dont become friends they will NEVER play together, maybe they should have thought about it back then and apologized ahead of time before the induction happened.

What I see here is 4 guys (make that 3) guys who were the best of friends and now fame and fortunes have destroyed them all, That fortune teller John Fogerty visited was correct. "Tombstone Shadow" was more right then he knew, it wasnt about his death, it was about the death of a friendship and their careers.

--The nerdistmonk

Voyeur 21.04.2010 10:23

[QUOTE=nerdistmonk;3555]What needs to happen is all these guys need to just SUCK IT UP, :(
They need to go salvage their friendship, they were friends for the longest time and split ways over stupid financial arguments.

I have gotten angry at my friends, enough to not be friends, but it always ends up being fixed. I dont see anything severe enough to never be friends again. Yes fantasy ripped fogerty (and the boys) off, they have been payed back, so what if they didnt get to play at the hall of fame induction, if they dont become friends they will NEVER play together, maybe they should have thought about it back then and apologized ahead of time before the induction happened.

What I see here is 4 guys (make that 3) guys who were the best of friends and now fame and fortunes have destroyed them all, That fortune teller John Fogerty visited was correct. "Tombstone Shadow" was more right then he knew, it wasnt about his death, it was about the death of a friendship and their careers.

--The nerdistmonk[/QUOTE]
Truer words were never written. :beer1: