Creedence Online Forum

Creedence Online Forum (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/index.php)
-   Albums, Songs and Concerts (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Someday Never Comes (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16)

Anonymous 30.03.2002 12:38

I was listening to "Someday Never Comes" and I thought about it. What it is is a father talking to his son. Essentially, John Fogerty's father talking to him, and then at the end of the song John Fogerty talking to his son. It's a great song with killer lyrics but I don't understand why "Someday" never comes. If someone could explain that it would be great. Thanks.

Anonymous 03.04.2002 00:38

Dear Friend:

I suppose that Fogerty is meaning 'never' at the same time he's saying 'someday'. He takes an imaginary day that would be exists anytime, someday... He could said 'anyday' too. For case is the same.

An argentine friend.
Andr?s.

Anonymous 19.04.2002 07:43

I think "Someday Never Comes" means sometimes parents knowns about sometings we don't understand at the time... but when we grow up, we just understand that things.... and remember

Anonymous 19.04.2002 07:46

I think "Someday Never Comes" means sometimes parents knowns about sometings we don't understand at the time... but when we grow up, we just understand that things.... we forget for a while and remember about that things when kids asks about that...

its a wonderful song!

my english is too bad... sorry...

Anonymous 06.05.2002 23:16

he says that someday you will understand. understand life in general. but that someday never comes, we can never truly know the meaning of life, we can only live it.

Anonymous 31.07.2002 13:48

maybe, or it could mean not to put off things in your life by saying "someday i'll go to europe" because someday never comes.

Anonymous 05.08.2002 13:45

I guess, John is referring to the attitude of many parents: If they don't want/cannot explain something to a child, they day: "You're not old enough to understand this. But someday, when you're grown enough, you will understand". However, in this song this "someday" when the grown child should understand this subject, never comes. So: Frustration.

Anonymous 10.08.2002 21:01

It's about his parent's divorce and his father leaving the home. The second part of the song is about his own divorce and him leaving his son behind. I read that somewhere.

Anonymous 06.11.2003 09:09

The point of the lyrics is that some things just can't be understood. His father tells him (and he tells his own son) that "Someday you'll understand." But the chorus tells us that the "someday" will never come; therefore, you won't understand because some things just don't make sense...

Anonymous 05.01.2004 08:06

i sort of think it has some connection with the whole Mari Gras album. It was the defintive end of CCR and maybe John is trying to say the "Someday with never come" for the band , about how there breaking apart

just a thought
Joey from SouthJersey