Creedence Online Forum

Creedence Online Forum (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/index.php)
-   Albums, Songs and Concerts (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lookin' out my back door (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194)

layanol 21.12.2004 16:23

Hi,

I am a french fan of CCR (there is not a lot on hexagon), I try to understand the meaning of such CCR songs.
Looking out my back door is not clear to me, I think the song talks about drugs ("happy creatures dancing on the lawn" what did he smoke?).
Does anybody knows more about this subject?

Lionel

Anonymous 22.12.2004 13:57

Lionel,
I am French too and born in 1958 ; there ARE a lot of fans of CCR in France ; most of the people I know are, or at least were, fans of CCR. It is just a question of generation.
Elisa

layanol 22.12.2004 21:03

Hi Elisa,
I knew Creedence when my father was listening to it, so I said what's this, that 's wonderful! I am only 22 years old, and I know this kind of music is not what my generation usually enjoy.
When my friend get into my car, and I am listening CCR with high volume, they tell me immediately "Don't you have anything else, like rap or techno..."
I am really sad when I hear these "music".
I hope you are right when you tell me there is still fans in France. I'd really like to meet them...

Lionel

Desiderata 24.12.2004 03:19

Well, layanol, I don't know about the drug part. Sure, they were probably, like every other band, taking something at some occasions, but their lyrics weren't about drugs.

Anonymous 25.12.2004 19:45

Dear Lionel,

I'm a 22 year old girl from Holland and as you, I love the "old" music from the 60's, 70's and 80's!
That crap, what they nowadays describe as music, really bothers me.
That's not music, that's destroying music!
At my work, I love to hear to all the classics, but my colleague don't and describe my music as old-fashioned.
They always listen to that dance-crap!
It's a shame that there isn't much respect anymore for real music!
And as I live on, I wil always listen to the good old times!
Annelies

Anonymous 26.12.2004 03:08

Not about drugs. John says he wrote it for one of his young children and was writing from the viewpoint and imagination of a young child. He has never taken drugs other than to experiment with pot, and he didn't like it.

le-fran?ais 29.12.2004 05:04

Hi Lionel !!

i'm french fan CCR too !! (toulouse)

but i don't speak very well english ,

want you speak with me on "MSN" ?

see you later , laurent

le-fran?ais 29.12.2004 05:10

and the others fan CCR too of course !!!

my adress msn : anthes31@hotmail.com

Anonymous 29.12.2004 11:25

Well Lionel, I don't know what the lyrics mean but I love music of the 60's and 70's. Bands like CCR of courswe, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Marshall Tucker Band. That was truly the best time in music, hands down.

le-fran?ais 29.12.2004 16:11

hi Elisa , where are you come from ?