Creedence Online Forum

Creedence Online Forum (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/index.php)
-   Main (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   an open letter to Stu, Doug and John (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172)

Fish 15.10.2004 10:48

Dear Stu, Doug & John,
What would it take for you guy's to drop all the crap thats happened and get into the studio do a new album and a worldwide tour? Anything is forgiveable and obviously forgiveness is whats needed on all sides dont you think? Can you Imagine a tour and the love that would be felt from the sea of endless fans at each show? Do it for Tom Fogerty if nothing else he would have loved to have seen this happen! Maybe even Jeff Fogerty could fill in for Tom??????? come on guys the endless arguments and B.S. has hurt the best Rock n Roll band America ever had and it's hurt the many many Fans who have wanted you guys to get over it for the past 32 years!

ckyh25 16.10.2004 07:59

i think that you guys should get together and play a tour. that would mean so much to me and others. ccr 4 life.

Anonymous 20.10.2004 02:36

[i][/i]
would be great
J?rg from Germany

dave watts 22.10.2004 00:47

its pointless to get back together its all been done,there are plenty of tribute bands doing it all over . a site like this should be more about what your doing now and where you are going and not so much about what you were.if someone messed up my life or let me down badly i would never forgive them .nobody ever forgives anyboby else for anything ,they just pretend too.when you have a bunch of poor boys with no money trying to make ends meet living on the edge ,they are going to write and feel thier music with greater passion than a bunch of old farts rideing the gravy train.

Anonymous 23.10.2004 01:26

No . I cannot imagine a reunion with John ,Doug & Stu. They were & they are still the best Rock & Roll band of all time. They were also like brothers. But you Doug & Stu :what have you done ? aren't you ashamed to wear the CREEDENCE name on your shoulders. John can be proud of his work and can be proud of his mentality. He was the best. Creedence was magic . But it's finish now.A 'D?ja-Vu' can never happen again. Olivier . Paris . France

Anonymous 26.10.2004 06:03

I don't think antagonizing Doug & Stu will get them reconcile. Oh, hi BTW. I'm new. Big CCR fan.

seckels 26.10.2004 06:06

[i]I don't think antagonizing Doug & Stu will get them reconcile. Oh, hi BTW. I'm new. Big CCR fan.[/i]

Oops. I was the one who posted this.

Fish 31.10.2004 14:10

In just 3 years it'll be the 40th anniversary of America's greatest Rock N Roll Band "Creedence Clearwater Revival" They should do an album they Could do an album and they should tour! Shitty buisness deals with Fantasy records is over and done with. For bad feelings and continued bitterness to continue is Bullshit on everyones part. Come on John, Doug & Stu get your shit together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 22.12.2004 01:30

I would realy realy great to see ccr on a tour! I bet there would also be many fan?s in Austria or Germany on the concerts!!!

Greets
Markus from Austria(Ober?sterreich)

jo 31.12.2004 18:34

Revival of Creedence Clearwater Revival is the best what can happen in my life

thefrenchfanccr 31.12.2004 20:08

waouh , you love the CCR you :-) ,

where are you come from ?[b]jo[/b]

Seej 10.01.2005 11:19

It wouldnt be heard to replace Tom, musically speaking that is. Heck, I could do his job in my sleep!

Music Girl 08.04.2005 10:19

John Doug and Stu cannot get back together. It is just not possible. I know how it feels to backstabbed by family members and friends real bad. Let me tel you it is not a good feeling at all!!! When you are around this person you feel diffrent. Something just cant be forgiven. No matter what. I dont exactly how John feels but I have an idea. So personaly, I dont blame them. Feelings hurt that bad just cant be forgiven. I'm not surprised if John never talks to Cosmo or Stu again. PEOPLE IT JUST CANT HAPPEN!!!!!

Anonymous 13.04.2005 07:52

[url=www.rushlimbaugh.com]www.rushlimbaugh.com[/url]
"Fortunate Son" Not About George Bush
April 12, 2005

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Did you see the story in the New York Times yesterday about Bush's iPod? Bush has an iPod. Did you see the story? (asking Mr. Snerdley) Yeah, one of his daughters gave it to him and Mark McKinnon, who is a good friend of his and runs his media, McKinnon has something to do with the songs that are on the iPod. The iPod, depending on which kind you get, will hold 10,000 songs. McKinnon downloads the songs for Bush. It's a lot of country stuff on there because Bush is in Texas and loves country music, and so the New York Times is reporting on this and there's this little paragraph here. "Nonetheless," it begins, "McKinnon said that Bush had not gone so far as to include on his playlist 'Fortunate Son,' the angry anti-Vietnam war song about privileged draft dodgers that John Fogerty sang when he was with Creedence Clearwater Revival. The lyrics say, 'Some folks are born silver spoon in hand, I ain't no senator's son.' The song seems to be about the president in all but name."

Hey, New York Times, the song is from 1968 when John Fogerty was so high on grass out in California he didn't know what he was singing or writing. "As the son of a two-term congressman and a US Senate candidate Bush won a coveted spot with the Texas Air National Guard to avoid combat in Vietnam." Now, why put this paragraph in there? Do you think that McKinnon said to the New York Times reporter, "And, by the way, you know Bush doesn't have that song 'Fortunate Son' in there." Do you think the New York Times asked Mr. McKinnon, "Does the president like Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival?" "McKinnon said Bush had not gone so far as to include--" McKinnon didn't say anything. McKinnon answered a question. The whole premise was advanced by the reporter at the New York Times. The whole reason for doing a story on the fact the president has an iPod was to mention he doesn't have the Creedence song Fortunate Son on his iPod because it might hit too close to home. Typical from the New York Times.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I'm getting lots of e-mails from people who say that the Creedence song, Fortunate Son, 1968, was actually a slam on Al Gore who was a senator's son in '68. Even a couple are saying it's a slam at the Kennedy family, but regardless what it is, rest assured, it is not, as the New York Times wants its dumb cuff mind-numbed robot readers to think, about George W. Bush.

END TRANSCRIPT
Read the Article...

(NY Times: President Bush's iPod)[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/11/politics/11letter.html?hp &ex=1113278400&en=5b704b8f85addafd&ei=5094&partner=hom epage]http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/11/politics/11letter.html?hp &ex=1113278400&en=5b704b8f85addafd&ei=5094&partner=hom epage[/url]

Anonymous 24.04.2005 04:47

I concur wholeheartedly that a Creedence Reunion sans Tom, while not an IMPOSSIBILITY, is very IMPROBABLE. Too much bad blood and the cold and emotionally brutal interferrence of record industry moguls such as Saul Zaentz has more or less put the kibosh on that concept. I myself hold Zaentz and Tom Fogerty responsible for the whole debacle. Granted, John should have been watching Zaentz's financial slights of hand more closely and been more AWARE as to the What, wheres. whens and hows of his contract. Back in the 60's and yes, up until now, record moguls and managers have been and ARE rapacious. Look at what happened to Chicago and Grand Funk. Prime examples!!!

Classic Creedence Tribute 23.07.2012 05:50

Doug and Stu have a great band going now and they are playing pure CCR, as much as it would be good to see them get together I think there has been to much bad water go under the bridge for that to happen. I think in their own minds they [U]don't[/U] need to get together.

hornet 25.07.2012 15:12

The members of ccr must have all got on well at some stage, otherwise
they could not have stayed together for so long & made so much great
music. John was maby to controlling & tried to do to much, like run the
business side of things as ccr never had a manager which they should
have, john should have stuck with what he did best, writing, playing
& singing & not have had to worry about anything else.

From hornet.

nerdistmonk 26.07.2012 16:45

[QUOTE=hornet;4510]The members of ccr must have all got on well at some stage, otherwise
they could not have stayed together for so long & made so much great
music. John was maby to controlling & tried to do to much, like run the
business side of things as ccr never had a manager which they should
have, john should have stuck with what he did best, writing, playing
& singing & not have had to worry about anything else.

From hornet.[/QUOTE]

of course they got along good, they were long time friends, went to high school together, but john got unruly, the boys wanted more say in the band, and well the rest is now history

joyride 31.07.2012 13:22

My GF who was born in '73 would love a CCR reunion. She loves CCR:):):)!!!!

Tomaso 23.09.2012 20:28

[QUOTE=jo;678]Revival of Creedence Clearwater Revival is the best what can happen in my life[/QUOTE]
Get a life.

nerdistmonk 24.09.2012 04:40

[quote=Tomaso;4576]Get a life.[/quote]

Lets try not to insult each other ok? Especially when your directing that comment at someone's post from 7+ years ago.

Thanks.

Tomaso 25.09.2012 00:38

Silly me, I didn't see the 7 years.

Lorenzo 25.09.2012 21:55

[B]It's fun to dream and hope...[/B]

I realize that this issue has been truly beaten into the ground.

I can understand newbies who may dream of actually being able to witness a "reunion" with John leading the charge of Creedence Clearwater Revival with Stu and Doug kicking out the bottom end.

I can also understand those who witnessed with their own senses an actual performance of the original members back in the day hoping to re-kindle the flame.

But -- and let's make that a real [SIZE=3]big [/SIZE][SIZE=4]BUT[/SIZE], when John is taking care of fulfilling the wishes of his fans with the following types of turnouts in his recently completed tour of Canada, I just have a sinking suspicion that it has left very little personal energy to put into a "reunion" show.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd234/Howlin_Al/Fogerty_Shots/20120925_Screen_Sold_Outs_zpsd347ff30.png[/IMG]
[/CENTER]

Just trying to keep "it" real. ;)

[I]Lorenzo[/I]

Westernalex 06.10.2012 16:45

Amen