Creedence Online Forum

Creedence Online Forum (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/index.php)
-   Main (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   "Mysterious" high tone singer on Sailo (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=360)

becca_d 23.01.2006 03:56

Yes, who is he? Which of the members of CCR is it that sings with this incredibly high voice on the refrain of Sailor's lament? It's not John, and it can't be Stu, his voice is too low. It has to be either Doug or Tom, and if I have to guess, I'd say it's the latter. What do you guys think? I would appreciate to hear your opinion!

Fish 23.01.2006 20:57

It sounds like it may be Tom??

becca_d 23.01.2006 23:34

First time I heard it I was convinced that it had to be a woman singing, because it was so high, but of course, it must be one of the members of CCR. After some reflection, I have concluded that it must be Tom, Doug isn't a very gifted singer in my opinion, and I don't think he could hit such high notes. And I am quite impressed by Tom! Has anyone heard Tom's post-Creedence recordings? Are they any good?

joel 24.01.2006 15:15

I've heard "Zephyr National". I wasn't too impressed.

becca_d 24.01.2006 16:54

Well, I have heard some rather negative things about Tom's solo stuff, that they weren't very original. I can imagine that's true. I mean, you can have a fairly good voice without being a genious when it comes to singing (like John is...). When I said "impressed", I meant impressed that he could sing so high.

Anonymous 25.01.2006 01:41

Hi..according to John Halloway's book" Inside Creedence",John did all the vocals on Pendelum.

C.

joel 25.01.2006 14:02

john did all the vocals? Well if you say so. when I come think of it, it does sound a bit like John.

joel 25.01.2006 14:06

becca_d, I now what you meant and I'm impressed too,( high vocals, not Zephyr National).

becca_d 25.01.2006 20:41

C, are you sure about that? 'Cause I read in the book "Bad Moon Rising" by Hank Bordowitz that on this album the other members contributed more, including vocals. And it doesn't really sound like John to me, but of course I could be wrong.

Anonymous 21.02.2006 04:51

Hello again.In the John Halloway book there is a part where the author is sitting in a room outside the studio with Stu,Doug and Tom ,if I remember correctly.They have been sitting there for a long time and at last John comes out.I can't remember who is asking, but it is something like this:Are you.........?John answers:Yes ,the vocals are done.
I understand this ,as John did the vocals.
Listening to all the records John has made,I think there is a very big chance that John did all the vocals.Why not?He wrote the songs,he arranged and produced everything and played all instruments eccept bass,rythm guitar and drums.Why should he leave it to someone elles to sing?
Check out Blue Ridge Rangers and notice that every time John's voice is dubbled or tribbled ,he is actual singin the parts several times.Not just dubbling them.It is very clear on Working on a building.I am very sure that if this guy think he can do it .....he will.And he has done it alot of times.Also very clear on Blue Moon Swamp.
C.