Creedence Online Forum

Creedence Online Forum (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/index.php)
-   Albums, Songs and Concerts (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The worst song (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=580)

freebird 21.07.2008 00:56

The worst song

Which is the worst song recorded by creedence? Why?

My answer is "rude awakeing" from pendulum. Because the sound doesn't have armony, it's a soap (?) of sounds... I can't explain it better, got something insane to my ears

dutchccr 21.07.2008 22:19

Take it Like A Friend (horrible vocals) and Rude Awakening are the worst.

Fogy Fan 22.07.2008 07:51

[quote=dutchccr;2810]Take it Like A Friend (horrible vocals) and Rude Awakening are the worst.[/quote]
Same here. I'm also not a fan of "Sail Away" and "Effigy".

Mary Lou 24.07.2008 13:23

I would vote for Rude Awakening too, though I like the beginning. I don't like Born to Move much. It sounds more like psychedelia... I understand - California, Woodstock and all, but I love country :-)

Fogy Fan 17.08.2008 11:36

[quote=Fogy Fan;2811]"Effigy"[/quote]
Well, started to listen to it more and now I tolerate it a whole lot more than I used to. I guess I'll substitute Effigy with Graveyard Train now.

Travelin' Man 07.05.2009 04:55

Take It Like A Friend is awful (but sounds like a message to JF); Graveyard Train (to slow and too long); Rude Awaking, ok at the beginning but the second half gets bizarre!

Voyeur 08.01.2010 23:45

Excluding the songs from [I]Mardi Gras[/I], which I don't have. I'd say my least favorite songs (so far...maybe I'll learn to like them more over time) are:

1. [I]Sinister Purpose[/I] - Just doesn't do anything for me.

2. [I]Rude Awakening #2[/I] - I'll go along with this. It's almost too interesting for me to truly dislike, but I can't possibly imagine myself wanting to listen to it again. LOL

3rd place is a tie with [I]Chameleon[/I]/[I]Effigy[/I]. These songs aren't bad at all but are fairly weak compared to the other stuff (at least to my ears). Which illustrates how incredible these guys were.

EDIT:

Oh, and I do like [I]Graveyard Train[/I]. It's very slow and very long to be sure. By all rights, I shouldn't like it...and yet, it's got this groove I just can't resist.

ToolCCR 07.09.2010 07:31

[quote=Fogy Fan;2832]Well, started to listen to it more and now I tolerate it a whole lot more than I used to. I guess I'll substitute Effigy with Graveyard Train now.[/quote]

Haha. Literally two of my favorites. To each his own...

Voyeur 08.09.2010 08:41

[QUOTE=ToolCCR;3725]Haha. Literally two of my favorites. To each his own...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I love [I]Graveyard Train[/I]...and I'm liking [I]Effigy [/I]more and more!

KennetRP 11.06.2012 04:12

"Rude Awekening #2" - it's not that bad, but later in the song it gets too much psychedelic
"Graveyard Train" - I like it by all means, awesome groove and harmonica by John, but it feels too long, I know it's a jam though.
"Take It Like a Friend" - Well, I don't feel it specially cathcy, but it's one of Stu's best ever bass lines. I don't think this song was suited Stu's vocal style.