Creedence Online Forum

Creedence Online Forum (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/index.php)
-   Main (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How many young listeners (http://www.creedence-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=340)

Anonymous 12.12.2005 00:42

Hi, I was reading some of the forum, it is nice to read CCR is still attracting young listeners.
I have been a fan for 35 years, the music never gets old.

Anonymous 12.12.2005 00:47

Up Around the Bend and Down On the Corner - to me are are happy songs about people, the music, and the good life, fun times, relief from the daily nonsence.

I have never been to Lodi or ever sung a tune. Lodi, " If I had a dollar for every song I sung, every time I had to play while people sat there drunk, ya know I'd catch the next train back to where I live" makes me feel like I was there.

Some people think Lookin Out My Back Door is a silly tune, letting go and taking time away
from the grind by listining to music and relaxing, "pretty soon I'm singin" sometimes lyrics are to make a point, Music can give wings to the mind and take you anywhere you want to go.

takes me out of the fire... CCR my first favorite band, 35 years ago.

Stam 15.12.2005 00:16

i guess good music always attract people of all ages
but it's hard for us (the youngsters :P ) to find or search for information about these kinds of genres and groups
Thank Zeus there is internet :)

Anonymous 15.12.2005 04:04

Im a teenage boy and im a huge creedence fan. I agree that its hard for us teenagers who likes Creedence to find information about the band that we love, but internet is a good resource. But anyway it seems that there is other teenage creedence fans out there, and thats good to know:)

joel 15.12.2005 17:20

Im 17 and can?t get enough of creedence.

Anonymous 16.12.2005 01:34

man im 22 from texas, and i can say everyone i know and party with loves ccr. i think im gonna name my first born son Creedence.

Zodiac DDM 16.12.2005 20:22

Hi, there !
Yes, my son is now 29 and he grew up listening (also) the music I
was playing on the hi-fi... so did my sister's children.. no wonder
that some of the CCR tracks, being part of the family soundtrack,
have been "adopted" by the new generation as well: Proud Mary,
Bad moon rising, Travellin' band, Have you ever seen the rain?...
Me (you may guess my age!)... I'm still enjoying CCR for sure!!
Bye

becca_d 17.12.2005 03:31

I'm 16 years old (and I'm from Norway), and I am completely lost in Creedence's music. I discovered them this summer when I heard an old tape my dad had laying in a drawer, with "Bayou Country". I just couldn't believe I hadn't heard their music before; it was so great, and sounded so new! Yes, it was made almost 37 years ago, but it sounded like it was made yesterday. I love the feeling I get when I listen to Creedence Clearwater Revival, this bubbling feeling of joy. And that's what good music is supposed to do! I mean, there's other artists I really like, like Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan, but only Creedence can give me THAT feeling.

Anonymous 17.12.2005 07:41

I'm 13 years old, and one day about two years ago I found my dad's old LP of Cosmo's Factory. after listening to it once, I was hooked. I immediatly began to Collect the entire Discograpy over ebay. today I enjoy CCR
unlike any othor band I had listend to before.

Anonymous 17.12.2005 14:35

Hi, thanks for all your replys.

There is something honest and satisfiying in the sound of CCR, I'm glad it is still alive.
I remember the first time I heard CCR. The song was Lookin out My Back Door.
I was 11 and CCR was my first true love.
I have seen videos of CCR on the net, two of my favs are 1969 Ed Sullivan Show: "Down on the Corner" good as it gets, and 1969 Fortunate Son,(says it's Woodstock, but I think it's from the Ed S Show ) awsome.

becca-d , "I love the feeling" your right CCR sure is feel good music.
Hendrix, Dylan, 16yrs. wow. my favs
My fav Dylan "My Back Pages" . the words are online.

BT from BC