Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main


Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16.10.2003, 07:16
Posts: n/a

Hi, my name is John.
I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what do the "PA systems" are.
I found that at the end of the 10th paragraph in the Creedence's "History" (in this site, of course...).

The fact is that I'm really interested in the way John Fogerty started to sing. I'm a singer too (not that great...), and I'm learning some of his tecniques by myself. So, when I read that words in the "History" of my favourite band I couldn't understand it completely (because I speak Spanish...). So I want to know what do those poor "PA systems" are. Thanks!

By the way, keep listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival !!!

PS: yeah... you may also listen to John Fogerty-alone.
Reply With Quote
Old 19.10.2003, 18:57
Posts: n/a

Hi John,
"PA systems" are Public Address systems, which is the name of the sound system that bands use. A PA system includes the amplifiers, speakers etc, which of course makes the whole band and show LOUDER.
Reply With Quote
Old 23.05.2004, 12:35
Posts: n/a

...And don't forget: in the early days, John could not afford an expensive PA...hence his development of his shouting style of singing. He had to be heard over the band without the aid of amplification.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +4. The time now is 05:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by YABBSEO v1.1