Creedence Online Forum

Go Back   Creedence Online Forum > Main

Notices

Main Discussion of general topics about Creedence

Old 07.03.2007, 23:56

mosen_swe_ccr is on a distinguished road
Default Hendrx vs CCR or CCR Feat. Hendrix

I am just wondering if there were any competition betveen CCR and Hendrix (ore some other band) becuse they where at the top at the same time... and ho was biggest Hendrix or CCR
Old 09.03.2007, 01:16

Mary Lou will become famous soon enough

Oh, it's so subjective! On Fogerty forum there was a thread "Which group is better, Creedence C. R. or the Beatles?", something of that sort... Of course the folks made the conclusion that CREEDENCE is better! Because it was FOGERTY-dedicated forum! :-)
All things and events are neither good no bad. They are nothing. It's people who give them meanings!
I don't know whether there was any competition. But I DO like the Beatles and DON'T like Hendrix at all in spite of his personal charisma. And for me Creedence is the best band ever!
Old 02.10.2007, 18:04

dragster is on a distinguished road

Old thread but open discussion. I don't think you can really compare CCWR and Jimi. They're just 2 things totally apart....it's like trying ro comapre diamonds and other precious gems. Personally, I dig BOTH of them equally!

Rob
The Following User Says Thank You to dragster For This Useful Post:
hackerman2011 (07.07.2011)
Old 11.10.2007, 22:57

Spellcaster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Spellcaster Send a message via Yahoo to Spellcaster
Default CCR vs. all the other top classic rock groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Lou View Post
Oh, it's so subjective! On Fogerty forum there was a thread "Which group is better, Creedence C. R. or the Beatles?", something of that sort... Of course the folks made the conclusion that CREEDENCE is better! Because it was FOGERTY-dedicated forum! :-)
All things and events are neither good no bad. They are nothing. It's people who give them meanings!
I don't know whether there was any competition. But I DO like the Beatles and DON'T like Hendrix at all in spite of his personal charisma. And for me Creedence is the best band ever!

I like a group that has a variety of sounds. Not just the same kinda sound on every album. The Beatles had different types of sounds. They had their early 60s sound, then they started changing after '65 and so on.

The Rolling Stones however always sounded the same. I tried very hard to listen to all of 40 Licks. I couldn't. There was just something similiar to every song, that by the 3rd song on the 2nd CD, I pushed stop. There was no real variety in tune. So between those 2, The Beatles are better.
A few songs sounded a lil different....like say...Paint It Black for example.

The Doors. There are a lot of people who like The Doors. I'm not too crazy about them. It's the DOORS sound, it doesn't hit home with me. It's that one instrument that turns me off..the organ, piano, whatever it is, I just get turned off by it. Like in LIGHT MY FIRE. The lyrics are good though. Some songs I like, Roadhouse Blues, L.A. Woman, Cars Pass By My Window, etc. But in general, I'm no Doors fan.

But, as of late, I'm SERIOUSLY getting into CCR. CCR has variety. They can play bluesy rock, they can play straight rock, they can play folk, they can play soul-drivin rock and roll, they had variety. As far as I'm concerned, they should be up there with The Beatles, not the Stones.

As for Jimi Hendrix, he's a good guitarist, he can make a guitar sound like it's wailing waterfalls of tears...in his more bluesier songs. But, at times, he does get carried away, and that's when I change to another song.
Old 31.10.2007, 19:28

Poor Boy is on a distinguished road

Creedence Clearwater Revival has always been my favorite RNR band. They have been since I was young as were they. If CCR or Hendrix was a bigger act, that is hard to say. In 1970, CCR was at the top of their game in popularity so that would imply that CCR was. But that too is for each to decide. Both artists were popular then and even now decades later. If you are a music fan, then you will probably enjoy both bands. Enjoy the music, after all, music is what can make the world go round..
Old 02.11.2007, 19:41

dragster is on a distinguished road

If you are a music fan, then you will probably enjoy both bands. Enjoy the music, after all, music is what can make the world go round..

I totally concur!!!
Old 11.08.2008, 08:11

baker2575 is on a distinguished road
Default Competition

Competition? Sure there was...it was called Woodstock, and Hendrix won that one hands down!
Old 04.12.2009, 09:33

Voyeur is on a distinguished road

I have to admit, I never got into Hendrix. No doubting his talent but his performance seemed more about showmanship and flamboyance than music. There were some decent songs but I don't even think his most famous songs were particularly well written.

I hate it when I read lists that rank Hendrix, The Grateful Dead and certain other bands ahead of Creedence among the best of all time. I guess I just don't get it.
Old 04.12.2009, 19:06

dutchccr is on a distinguished road

No comparison. Creedence were a straightforward RNR band, Hendrix was exploring the possibilities of the guitar, producing a sound nobody had ever heard.
Was Jimi a major singles machine like CCR? No. His music wasn't as universal as theirs.
Talking about popularity, I think Creedence was one of the commercialy most succesful bands at Woodstock (together with The Who and Jefferson Airplane I guess).
Old 29.07.2010, 15:03

joyride is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchccr View Post
No comparison. Creedence were a straightforward RNR band, Hendrix was exploring the possibilities of the guitar, producing a sound nobody had ever heard.
Was Jimi a major singles machine like CCR? No. His music wasn't as universal as theirs.
Talking about popularity, I think Creedence was one of the commercialy most succesful bands at Woodstock (together with The Who and Jefferson Airplane I guess).
Totally agree

Tags
ccr, feat, hendrix, hendrx